• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlisted to OCS selection

r3coil

How is the selection process to OCS like for enlisted sailors who finished their degree while serving on active duty? Do they usually get picked up right away after applying once? Or is it still as competetive as STA-21 or LDO where having to apply multiple times is highly likely? Ive already put in 2 STA-21 applications, and will be applying for the 3rd time next year. That will be my last chance though due to my age (waiver included). Based on the amount of college credits I have now and my sea duty situation, I should be finished with my bachelors degree by 2018 though, and thats why im asking about OCS.

exNavyOffRec

How is the selection process to OCS like for enlisted sailors who finished their degree while serving on active duty? Do they usually get picked up right away after applying once? Or is it still as competetive as STA-21 or LDO where having to apply multiple times is highly likely? Ive already put in 2 STA-21 applications, and will be applying for the 3rd time next year. That will be my last chance though due to my age (waiver included). Based on the amount of college credits I have now and my sea duty situation, I should be finished with my bachelors degree by 2018 though, and thats why im asking about OCS.

If you are getting close to aging out to apply for STA-21 then you will have the same issue with OCS, most designators you need to be commissioned by age 31 (with waiver) some are 29 and some are higher.

r3coil

If you are getting close to aging out to apply for STA-21 then you will have the same issue with OCS, most designators you need to be commissioned by age 31 (with waiver) some are 29 and some are higher.
Im 28 now. I'll be going for AMDO if I go OCS, and the age limit for that is 35, so I have more than enough time

exNavyOffRec

Im 28 now. I'll be going for AMDO if I go OCS, and the age limit for that is 35, so I have more than enough time

yep, you would. One thing to keep in mind is when the age limit goes up the selection rate tends to go way down, so get that GPA way up there!

r3coil

Rockstar or douchebag? Definitely not a douchebag, but ive been going above and beyond since i joined almost 4 years ago. Im an AD2 now and made rank first time every time. I'll be up for AD1 in a year. Ive put in two sta-21 applications so far, and finished 15 classes while at a shore duty rag squadron on growlers. Ive been a year now at a FDNF fighter squadron in Japan, and finished 5 classes this year. I'll be finishing 6 more before getting deployed next May. Im a CDI supervisor now in our powerplants shop, and been taking on multiple command collateral duties. I also have volunteer service. I wouldnt say im a rockstar, but ive definitely been a hard charger since the beginning.