• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlisted Reserves to Aviation

Andrew Teo

I thought I posed this already, but anyway, I was just wondering if any CG pilots know of either current or former pilots who started life in the enlisted side of the reserves. I know its a really indirect way, but humor me :icon_tong

Coppertop222

yeah one of my OCS classmates and current flight students did it that way.
it's indirect, but getting the commission is the hardest part in my opinion.

Andrew Teo

Thanks for the relpy. I'm still trying to decide between the Army National Guard and doing the CG reserve and eventually trying to get a flight slot. I'm a senior in college now and the reason I'm looking for a part-time military career (at least at this point) is because we have a family business that I'd like to get involved in and try to get it to run on its own so its always there. Being 21, lets say I don't get into the CG till I'm 22, how hard is it to get into OCS after enlisting and also is it still an 11 year contract if I get accepted to flight school, or would it be different?

Honestly, I'm leaning towards the Army because I can fly part time and instead of being enlisted, I could actually be flying. Then I could apply for the DCA program. Seems like a lot of Army guys end up flying for the CG. I'd really like to do search and rescue, but I could do that with medevac, and there happens to be a medevac unit about 2 hours away from me, and of course there is a GSAB aviation unit really close to me, and they fly into New York City with their ^660's to get lunch, so we'll see what happens.