• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlisted Marine to Army WO flight transition

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
All,

Got a buddy who was headed down the path of going WO in the Army to fly. He has been out of the Marines for a few years (got out as a Cpl) and is completing his undergrad degree. He has a prior NJP on his record (minor offense "disrespected a 1stSgt") when he was an LCpl. His recruiter told him that was an "automatic disqualifier" and that the Army "doesn't grant ANY waivers for the WO flight program"....sounds stinky to me and that the recruiter doesn't want to submit his wavier. Anyone have any insight here or experience here? It's one thing if that is the deciding factor between him and another candidate but this recruiter is saying they won't even complete or submit his package due to the NJP. He has NO other bad paper and is a 4.0 student, stellar record other than this one thing. I'm suggesting he go to a different recruiter and try with someone else.

FYI, also been about 10 years since I logged in here...lucky I still have that email address to reset my password!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
All,

Got a buddy who was headed down the path of going WO in the Army to fly. He has been out of the Marines for a few years (got out as a Cpl) and is completing his undergrad degree. He has a prior NJP on his record (minor offense "disrespected a 1stSgt") when he was an LCpl. His recruiter told him that was an "automatic disqualifier" and that the Army "doesn't grant ANY waivers for the WO flight program"....sounds stinky to me and that the recruiter doesn't want to submit his wavier. Anyone have any insight here or experience here? It's one thing if that is the deciding factor between him and another candidate but this recruiter is saying they won't even complete or submit his package due to the NJP. He has NO other bad paper and is a 4.0 student, stellar record other than this one thing. I'm suggesting he go to a different recruiter and try with someone else.

FYI, also been about 10 years since I logged in here...lucky I still have that email address to reset my password!
Not true. The army will consider a waiver for an Article 15 as long as the person holds and Honorable discharge and an RE-1 or RE-1A code. I can’t make a recruiter forward a package, but if the problem continues recommend to your friend to join the National Guard and look for an aviation slot.

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
Thanks for the reply. He is both of those (Honorable discharge and RE-1). The whole thing just smells of a command making up their own rules. I will pass this along.