• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Engineering and Supply

JGD

Level 32 Red Mage
Hello everyone!

I have recently been professionally selected as an officer caniddate to the Supply Corps and I am very excited to soon be apart of this community.

I do have a few questions about ways I can benefit the Supply Corps with my educational background within the degrees: B.S. in Chemical Engineering and B.S. in Applied Mathematics.
I can see how my knowledge in Applied Mathematics may benefit the Supply Corps but, I would somehow like to give my 2 cents from my Engineering background. Are there positions down the line of a Supply Officer's career that are chemically or medically/biologically related. Anything possibly dealing with Petroleum or Nuclear?

Thanks in advance!

JGD

Level 32 Red Mage
I have. I did the VIP trip, submitted my kit for NUPOC and was declined for an interview. I am a dual major student (graduating this year) GPA 3.1 I was told that my GPA was slightly declining over the semesters and stayed at a 2.7 to 3.0 avg my last 2 years.
I ended up also putting my kit in for the Supply Corps board since my goal, at the end of the day, is to have Naval Service.

BackOrdered

Contributor
VERY Important Supply Corps JO/Mid-Grade Knowledges answering all your questions:

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/officer/Detailing/rlstaffcorps/supply/Pages/It%27sYourCareer.aspx

Thoroughly read each link with a fine tooth comb. You will eventually be told to down the down to read these, but doing it now will put you ahead of the game. You have a great deal of freedom to shape your career/life in Supply after your first tour if you have an understanding of these topics. By life, education and skills that can make you money long after you are done with the Navy.

Also check out this article on Naval Reactors ashore and see if it interests you. PM me if you have any questions. I never did Reactors, but I know who to ask.
https://www.navsup.navy.mil/site/scnewsletter/2007/may-jun/features8.html