• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Elk

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
All that said, I retract my earlier statement. I'm thinking hemisphere doesn't matter, as the Earth is still spinning the same way in either place. Instead latitude would be the issue.
Brings to mind the trip I took to Australia in '79, to celebrate my recent BS from FSU. In one science class we were introduced to coriolis force, how it worked, and it's effect in different areas. One major area was computing azimuth aiming solutions for long range Naval gunnery. Of course, the standard 'proof' to the clueless student, was the swirling direction of water in a sink/toilet in the northern v southern hemisphere. I had decided while planning the trip, I would check this out down under.;)

Upon arrival at SYD, the first thing I did before retrieving bags, was hit the head, flush a commode, and voila... black magic, it swirled CCW. Gave me a sense of accomplishment, prior to sampling for six months, the various wonders and delights of the "OZ"!:D
BzB

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
It's here. Score from official scorer is 352 7/8. Beautiful mount.
image1563.jpg

image1564.jpg

image1565.jpg

image1567.jpg

image1568.jpg

image1569.jpg

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Gawd Damn...and the gun safe is in your living room.
Net 2 aboves...

Reactions: E5B

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm noticing there's one particular person that is not as excited as everyone else.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
She's actually really excited and wants to shoot one for herself. She just shot her first swan and has a spring turkey hunt lined up.

exNavyOffRec

I'm noticing there's one particular person that is not as excited as everyone else.

we could guess at what she is thinking, all clean of course.

my guess "not only are you putting this large dead thing in the house but you are going to post a picture of me with it on the internet"

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So, my guess is you bought the house with vaulted ceilings for just this occasion. Trophy Elk mounts don't fit in just any home. In my current house only place a good mount would fit is the master bedroom and that wouldn't fly with the sugar momma. New house just moving into has 20 foot living room ceilings and measures 25x29. It just screams dead animals.