• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-Mail account

Status
Not open for further replies.

erabe07

Hello-

I was just curious about something. Since I'm going to graduate soon, and my school e-mail account will soon be obsolete, I was wondering if anyone knows if the Navy has a web based personal e-mail system set up for members? I know you can get free e-mail countless places online, but I think it would be cool to have something @navy.mil

JKD

I know enlisted members have a navy.mil account assigned when they get an NMCI account.
Remote web access as we know it will go away very soon (access from any computer on the internet). To remote access a navy.mil email account you have to have a PKI certificate, DoD Common Access ID Card (CAC), CAC Card reader, and sign the remote user agreement...(sound like fun?)
Somewhat of a pain to setup, but works well after the initial install.

I'm not sure who to point you to for setting up the account. You could check with your chain of command for information on NMCI accounts and remote email access. It is available if you command supports it.

R

RickyDT34

You can get a Navy.mil account if you work for a command that uses NMCI (officer, enlisted, civilian, contractor, etc.). You just have to request it through your command.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
you are not going to be able to get one while in flight school. I personnelly recommend yahoo. If you pay the 20 bucks for a year the spam protection is awesome.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
gmail is where its at

1 GB of storage and its free, you just need an invite unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.