• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-6 life

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
... 4 engine jet time is a guarantee to the airlines....
There is no guarantee to the airlines. I'll grant that it looks good on your resume to an airline, but there is still the big picture.

What are the rest of your quals?

How much PIC?

Are you an asshole that no one wants to spend time in the cockpit with?

Etc.

Many with the "right" resume/aircraft don't get the job.

billiken2002

pilot
I know of 2 currently in TW-1, just FYI.
PM if you want to know who.

Is that not career suicide? I knew of an IP from primary that flew P-3's who was trying to switch to Kingsville to instruct there, and everyone told him that it would ruin his career, whether he decided to continue with Jets or P-3's.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is that not career suicide? I knew of an IP from primary that flew P-3's who was trying to switch to Kingsville to instruct there, and everyone told him that it would ruin his career, whether he decided to continue with Jets or P-3's.

Pretty much, yes. Life and the choices you make aren't always about "career" though...

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
With DH screen rates as low as they are these days in the community, pretty much anything outside the accepted cookie cutter path is career death. Even if you go the accepted route, nothing is guaranteed...

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
If you are getting out after 8 anyway, why worry about career suicide? Especially if you want to learn to and fly a tactical jet.

But the two I know of: One is already an O5, the other is a reservist and flies for the airlines. So both are doing OK.
:)

todd740

Trogdor comes in the NIIIIIGHT!!!
pilot
I just got E-6 as well, report up there on the 13th and start 8Nov