• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-6 life

Hoorah26

livin' the dream
pilot
I was recently given E-6's even though i didn't have it on my list and don't know much about the advanced part of the training. I did a search and couldn't find anything about advanced or the rag for E-6's. Any comments on the lifestyle are also appreciated

FLY_USMC

pilot
I know 2 former E-6 pilots, both actually really enjoyed it. 4 engine jet time is a guarantee to the airlines, plus, both of them excelled in their first tour in the E-6 and however the hell they worked it, are now both instructor's in the T-45. FYI, I know no IP's that fly P-3's or Helo's here so if a change of pace is something you'll be interested in, you got that going for you. Other than that, sucks that you're in the Navy:)

jskibo

I know one of the CO's from Tinker. Spoke to him last week trying to find some CFM-56 rated 707 guys to go do FCF's on the last 707 ever to come off the line (was destined to be an E-6, but never got stuffed). Its a brand new 90 hour 707...LOL

When you start flying down here, look for 2OK2 just east of Tinker. If you can put it down on our 2700 ft strip I'll buy you a beer :)

Good Luck!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I'll show my ignorance here, but isn't the community going toward a 737-variant?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
even though i didn't have it on my list

This must be a new CNATRA selection process.

Well...first, I know how that feels. Without rehashing another selection, let me just say that the quicker you focus on some of the upsides of your new home (and believe me, there are some), the happier you will be.

Best of luck, and I'm sure that one of the E-6 ...(folks, bubbas?...what it the accepted reference here...:D) guys, will chime in. To go with the above...several of the E-6 guys I talked to pointed out that they did have the ability to go anywhere and fly damn near anything after their first tours. Never a down side there...

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Without rehashing another selection, let me just say that the quicker you focus on some of the upsides of your new home (and believe me, there are some), the happier you will be.

I think OKC is a great town. I have been there several times and my wife who has relatives who live there. It is a bit distant from other cities, when compared to cities on the coasts, but I think it is a great place with a lot to offer.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
I lived there as well, and I know some of the pilots out there. They love it. Are you going to Vance for Adv? If so, it's going to suck, but just get through it, b/c the RAg is much better.

Hoorah26

livin' the dream
pilot
I'm going to Vance on the 20th of Sept. Thanks for the replies. Anyone know time to wing?

S3b_viking

I'm up at Vance for Primary and if you need any info on housing around here PM me and I'll give you everything I know.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
AIR_E-6B_TACAMO_Over_Pax_lg.jpg