• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dual Processing

GlassBanger

Intelligence Officer - Graduated OCS 24MAY19
Contributor
Just checking in see if this is still mostly relevant. Just finished MEPS last week and my recruiter said he wanted me to put in an enlisted application as well as my officer application for SNA just to show more dedication to the Navy. Is this an actual strategy?
This sounds like an absolutely horrible idea. Enlisting is a lot quicker and sorry to say, easier, than trying to be selected to earn a commission. You'd be enlisted before your kit was even able to go anywhere. I think he's playing you.

SalukiDawg2017

Yeah, I mean at first I questioned it but two other guys in the office backed him up when I questioned it, so I was just checking. I already told him no twice and he brought it up again today, but just wanted to see if there was something I was missing. Thanks for the replies.

NavyOffRec

Just checking in see if this is still mostly relevant. Just finished MEPS last week and my recruiter said he wanted me to put in an enlisted application as well as my officer application for SNA just to show more dedication to the Navy. Is this an actual strategy?
You should absolutely do this, and then you can buy this great bridge I have for sale!

RecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Yeah, I mean at first I questioned it but two other guys in the office backed him up when I questioned it, so I was just checking. I already told him no twice and he brought it up again today, but just wanted to see if there was something I was missing. Thanks for the replies.
Your ASTB scores are low, almost on the minimums. You will likely be a non-select. I can see the dual processing option but be advised if you are not selected for officer programs you must ship to RTC (if you go that route).

SalukiDawg2017

Your ASTB scores are low, almost on the minimums. You will likely be a non-select. I can see the dual processing option but be advised if you are not selected for officer programs you must ship to RTC (if you go that route).
I understand that, and I plan on retaking it within the month. I'm positive I can get the scores up. In the end I want to be an officer though, so I'll retake and put in my application for just that. Thanks for your reply.