• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dropped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanaBpilot

Pro Rec'd NFO
I noticed there are pics of the initial pft for your company at the ocs website, are you in any of the pics? Have you seen them yet? I can see that it was obviously very slick there. I got nervous just looking at the pics. They already have the site set up ready for the 2nd increment which is what I'll be going to starting July 6th. Let us know if your in the pics, maybe describing some of your feelings as the run is about to begin.

http://www.ocs.usmc.mil/2003%20Summer%20Photos.htm

-Every Challenge Could Have Paradise Behind It-

Nick

My thought was "****, I hate running." I'm not in the close-ups but I recognize alot of candidates there.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Got a 95 on SULE II... Graduate this Thursday. Only a few more days left here and I'm back to my normal life again. See you on the other side.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
95- good work! You must have just about lead your platoon. I remember I had a 94 on SULE II and only 6 candidates in my platoon did better than me. Have fun during the most boring (and definetely the most peaceful) week of OCS.

Get ready to hear alot of this:
"set up the sqaudbay for weapons maintainance!"

Congratulations.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
What's cover and aline mean?

"There were many airplanes, but it was the skinny bird that scared us the most."
- Iraqi POW on the AH-1W Cobra -

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
That is part of the fun of OCS – Sergeant Instructor Staff Sergeant Death will teach you.

...cover to the Front!...align to the Right! Left...Right...Left...

Taxman2A

War were declared.
You had death also big worm?

EA-6B- get used to hearing kind of "trash"-

"Hello- EARS! set up the classroom right now. 60, 59, 50, 40, 54321 you are DONE!"

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
No, I just remember the name. For seniors, I had Lege. He was the only one that I have ever been afraid of in the sense that he could snap and hit you at anytime. When I sat down for afternoon chow, I was taking my sweet time and was the last one left. Of course he comes up to my face to say some mean things…. ya whatever, its not like he can actually hit me… as my tray half full of food becomes a projectile smashing into the wall, I realize that there is in fact a bit of insanity behind the fierce eyes that were focused on my corpse. This was when rumors trickled down about how he was supposed to be a gunny, while only a SSGT at the time because of an incident were a young corporal bus driver made the mistake of actually pissing him off…

Taxman2A

War were declared.
You had lege huh? He was in first platoon Alpha company when I went, and I was in second. He was a gunny by the time I got there. My Platoon Sergeant was Staff Sergeant Watson (promoted to gunny during week 9). This guy could run 3 miles sub 16, considering during one of our squad runs a candidate who could run 16 couldn't keep up with him. Anyways- Lege was a big freakin guy, but I never really saw him lose it or anything. He could snap us all like damn twigs, but he never seemed to get all that mad from what I remember. Obviously, my impression of him was different than yours given the fact that he never dealt much with our platoon besides one inspection.

He gave me one of the only inspections that I ever got a "favorable" on, because all the questions he would ask were related to rank structure, if you remember. (e.g., if I was in the navy, what rank would I be?) I was good with that stuff.

I never heard the rumor about lege beating some corporal so hard that it cost him rank, but our PTI told us that he won the Ultimate Fighting Championship for the state of Virginia. I can't verify it, but I don't think you would get too many volunteers to challenge him.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
True, not many would mess with Lege – no, he never lost it; everyone just thought he could loose it at anytime. Watson was my platoon sergeant as well…good times, more stories to be told at Trader Johns when you get down to P’cola.
Cheers,
Andy

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Well, I'm back now. That last week moved by at a snail's pace, but it was a pleasant one compared to the previous weeks. Whew, I'm glad that's over. I think I might get up tonight to stand an hour or two of firewatch in my apartment if I get bored.

el_bastardo

Taxman2A, we must have been right around the corner at TBS last summer. GySgt Lege was my Platoon Sergeant at PLC-COMB 2002.

Turns out that was his first time in a Plt Sgt billet and he laughed at how many times he wanted to just rip and tear us to shreds as all the other cycles he functioned as a Sgt Instructor.

See you at TBS.

S/F

Status
Not open for further replies.