• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Drinking after PRK?

I would probably ask your doctor about that, or it should be in the pamphlet he gave you. An internet forum probably isn't the best place to ask that type of question :p

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
Full disclosure, I'm not an MD.
Generally, if you have to ask if it's okay to drink after a procedure or during treatment, the answer is no unless expressly approved by the guy who did the cutting.

Yarr
I asked my doc that question a week and a half after my procedure, and he said it's fine...that said, I wouldn't over do it.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I faintly recall an nrotc bud of mine (who had just gotten prk) bringing a girl over to our house for drinks under the auspices of him being blind and stuck at home from the surgery, and yet bagging her later in the evening. So I'd say you can do either following prk (he flies Navy helos now)

I consumed a few adult beverages after PRK while still on the steroid drops to no ill effects. That being said, most people seem to be prescribed different things. I don't know what your on, so you should probably ask the MD.

6 weeks post op: 20/15 both

JimD

Soon to be AMDO
You should be fine. :icon_mi_1

The steroids in your eyes are there to stimulate growth and healing. Alcohol metabolism and cellular repair processes in your eye are miles apart.

Just don't get hammered and you should be okay.