• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Doing the PRT at API

Status
Not open for further replies.

Av Fan

I have never been a runner, whereas I can max the pushups and situps and barely breathe hard. I am in the Air Force, but will be attending JSUPT with the Nany at Whiting. I keep hearing about this 1.5 on a weird track and was wondering if I could get some tips from you runners out there about how to train for this type of track.Thanks
banghead_125.gif

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
Get some good, supportive, yet lightweight running shoes and run, and run and then run even more. Just keep trying to push yourself as far as you can, until you feel like you can barely stand, and then try to go a bit further. I know it sounds like BS, but I hate to run (without being in a game situation), and it worked fairly well for me when I had to do soccer conditioning in HS. Just make sure you warm up and cool down and stretch before and after running. Unfortunately for all of us non-runners, the only help is to run and keep running several days per week.

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
The track sucks because it is a wood chip trail. Just add approx 1 min to your pavement time.

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
just took the PRT this past Thursday... if you graduated from OCS it's a joke. Everyone does the minimums on the push ups and situps and the run is on a trail which you lap 3 times.. and there are markers that tell you what your time should be. My advice is to start out fast at the beginning... because too many people will slack at the beginning and realize they need to hurry up at the end. That's where I lost my minute I think.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i thought the chip trail was only at NAS Pensacola. If you're going to Whiting I dont see why they'd make you do it unless they had you go all the way to NAS P'cola to do it.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
ok if you read AV Fan said that he is going to JSUPT in Whiting not going to API in Pensacola. so API is in Pensacola not Whiting where the chip trail is. get it?

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i'm just going by what he's wrote, if JSUPT in Whiting equals API at Pensacola then great. If not then there you go

rare21

pilot
Contributor
good to go i guess thats why those air force dudes are with us in API. I thought they just went to API with us then go off and do their thing at Vance or elsewhere. Still the AF navigators didnt do PT with us or the PRT..the AF pilot does but i dont know if he did the PRT.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Most of those lazy bastages won't swim with you either. We had a couple that did with our class, most didn't though.

Av Fan

My orders say I am supposed to go to Whiting. I am supposed to go to P'Cola for API (where I have to do the PRT and the swim test) then Primary at Whiting. Then I will go to Vance after track select. I figured you would understand what I was talking about when I said Whiting since no one just starts at Whiting. Thanks for the replies though. See ya in Dec.

Victory favors the bold

phrogs

wood chip trail isn't too bad, but it does slow you down. The harder you push, the deeper you sink into it. My advise...Stay light on your feet. ie shorter steps

Phrogs 4 Ever!!!!

rare21

pilot
Contributor
yeah the chip trail sucks...it pisses me off that there is a nice level track right next to it that we cant use.

Status
Not open for further replies.