• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

dog tags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heerothewizard

out of curiosity...are dog tags given out as part of Plebe Summer/I-Day gear issue? or do you get them later/after the Academy/not at all??
thanx

TNKosavanna

During my sister's plebe summer in 2001, they didn't, and as far as I know they haven't started. Didn't give em to my brother in law in 1999 either, and I don't think he had any when he graduated in May. They give you just about everything else you can possibly think of, but not dog tags...there's no need for them at the Academy. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong
bouncy_125.gif

Oscar

E-2C Rag Student
The first ones I got were in API. Flight Management took orders for them, but they took forever to come in. So most people just got them made out at Wings n' Things.

McNamara

Copilot, actually.
pilot
Yep, I got mine at Wings n' Things. The Academy didn't issue them to us, but you don't need them anyway until you fly. Good luck with everything!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
With the advent of DNA testing for primary identification, dog-tags have really kind of taken a back seat. The OPNAVINST 3710.7 still requires aviators to wear dog-tags, but in reality not all aviators wear them.
ea6bflyr

McNamara

Copilot, actually.
pilot
Here's a question about dog tags I hadn't thought of before. Is there a list of "approved" religions on your dog tags, or do the regulations allow you to put whatever you want on that line? I've talked to people who had problems getting what they wanted on their dog tags in the past, but I'm not sure what the current policy is.

Dupe

Wings N' Things will put whatever you want on your dog tags. If you put Jim Jones as your name and Kool-Aid Fan Club as your religion...they'll do it. Capitalism is cool like that.

McNamara

Copilot, actually.
pilot
Yeah, Capitalism! I talked to one of my friends who decided to get dog tags issued to him from the engraving shop, and apparently they'll also put whatever religion you want on them. Guess the "approved list" of religions is a thing of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.