• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Does college attended matter for SNA?

junsr

Howdy gents, I'm an enlisted Marine EASing summer of this year looking to attend college in the fall, hoping to shoot my shot at SNA.

I did the Washington running start program at a community college instead of my last 2 years of high school, and graduated with a state diploma and an associates degree (GPA 3.38).

Right now I'm looking at going to school back in Washington, deciding between WSU and CWU. I'm accepted to both, and want to know as much as possible before I make a decision. CWU is a smaller local school, WSU is a state school. CWU has smaller class sizes, more accessible professors, and uses quarters instead of semesters, which should make it easier to improve my GPA, especially since I've been away from education for a while.

I prefer it for these reasons, but am also sort of worried that its smaller size and lower standing in the state might come back to bite me at the board, assuming I make it that far. I've found lots of posts saying that degree itself doesn't matter, but what about the school? CWU does have rotc for the Army/AF, but not Navy. Am I worrying over nothing?

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
Which College you attend doesn’t matter in the slightest. GPA matters most alongside ATSB scores, Degree matters a little, but not usually enough to outweigh a bad GPA.

Going to a smaller school has its benefits, and those benefits can sometimes manifest in an higher GPA. Ultimately choose the school that you think you’ll enjoy the most.

junsr

Which College you attend doesn’t matter in the slightest. GPA matters most alongside ATSB scores, Degree matters a little, but not usually enough to outweigh a bad GPA.

Going to a smaller school has its benefits, and those benefits can sometimes manifest in an higher GPA. Ultimately choose the school that you think you’ll enjoy the most.
Thanks for your time!

exNavyOffRec

You are worrying over nothing. Get your degree, take the ASTB along the way and if you want to go USN SNA and you have 7/7/7 on the ASTB you could be an immediate selection and not even need to go to board.