• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Does anyone have an Active DEP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre170

None
Do any of y'all have active Delayed Entery Programs (DEP)? I mean do y'all get together to PT or hang out, play dodgeball or whatever? I would like to try to organize our local (San Antonio, TX and surrounding area) DEP and build comraderie as well as get everyone swimming and in good PT shape.

usnafury

I'm not in DEP, but I do all the Poolee activities (I was getting ready for the PFT). I love all the stuff we do! We PT 3 times a week at 0630, occasionally have BBQs, that kind of thing. We're going to go on a 7 mile hump soon, and our Gunny is sitting up a combat course for us in November. We get to go to the Rifle Range soon at the reserve station nearby. The DEP program got me in really good shape. I play soccer, so I was in good running shape before, but I can't believe how much my upper body strength has improved. I went from a 50 second flex arm hang on the IST to an 85 second flex arm hang on the PFT (after going to PT 5 times!) I had that big of an improvement in a week and a half! Our sergeants call cadence, and we carry a guideon when we PT. Lately, though, recruiting has been down, so we've been running PT once or twice a week by ourselves. If you need advice or anything, give me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.