• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do they ever turn down any STEM majors?

throwaway101

I heard from my enlisted recruiter that the Navy doesn't waste any resources.

I have a Stem degree in biology and a low 3.1 GPA. My ASVAB scores were good at 92.

I'm going to take the OAR soon. But I am worried that I may not be competitive enough to be an officer. I have some experience on my resume, but not any major leadership roles. I'm fresh out of college too, not ROTC. Just regular college.
I also should add - I don't have any drug usage or any criminal history. I do have $5,000 in student debt from college.

Does the Officer Route reject any applicants? What happens to them?

My recruiter says as a back up, he put me under delayed enlisted.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I heard from my enlisted recruiter that the Navy doesn't waste any resources.

I have a Stem degree in biology and a low 3.1 GPA. My ASVAB scores were good at 92.

I'm going to take the OAR soon. But I am worried that I may not be competitive enough to be an officer. I have some experience on my resume, but not any major leadership roles. I'm fresh out of college too, not ROTC. Just regular college.

Does the Officer Route reject any applicants? What happens to them?

My recruiter says as a back up, he put me under delayed enlisted.

You need to talk to an OFFICER recruiter.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
what happens if I reached out to 3 officer recruiters by email, and none of them responded?

I also checked my spam folder too. It's been 2 weeks.

Am I not good or competitive enough for anything?

The competitive question can be answered with a simple search, there’s a thread on here dedicated to stats and numbers.

As for being “ghosted”, I believe there’s a @FTC Michael Duncan who posted about needing pilots in New York. And you happen to live in New York according to your profile...