• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do dependants disqualify you from specific aviation platforms

Caribbean_Joe

If I am married or I have dependants during primary/ OCS does the Navy and Marine Corps use this information to disqualify you from certain aviation platforms (specifically strike/ strike fighter platforms). Looking at NFO and fall under the above categories, not sure if the Navy takes this into consideration during assignment.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If your spouse is a former Russian or Chinese Intel Officer, I have seen it make a difference in what they will let you go do.
[not_sure_if_serious.jpg]

I’m trying to decide if this is a joke or something that actually happened, because it’s 2020, and my sense of absurdity is completely askew.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
[not_sure_if_serious.jpg]

I’m trying to decide if this is a joke or something that actually happened, because it’s 2020, and my sense of absurdity is completely askew.

Dude I went to TBS with was married to a girl whose father was a Colonel in the KGB. (He was prior service and met her while on MSG duty)

They gave him a choice of either keeping his security clearance or staying married. He chose his wife.

He became an Admin Officer, and I think came back to TBS as the Adj to serve out the rest of his short career of four years as a 2ndLt.

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
If your spouse is a former Russian or Chinese Intel Officer, I have seen it make a difference in what they will let you go do.
Also seen them give the benefit of the doubt to ol’ Gingerbread at MPRWS

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ehhhhhhhh Gingerbread ain't doing so hot. His wife just took a plea deal for FPMITAP. That being said my favorite callsign ever....... until it turned out to be true.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
If I am married or I have dependants during primary/ OCS does the Navy and Marine Corps use this information to disqualify you from certain aviation platforms (specifically strike/ strike fighter platforms). Looking at NFO and fall under the above categories, not sure if the Navy takes this into consideration during assignment.

Rare occurrences where family may have a hindering effect on PCS status:

1. Medical issues that quality for Exceptional Family Member Program.
  2. Family ties deemed a Security Clearance risk by OPM.