• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DLA Question?!!??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beau

Background: Single, ROTC Grad, had PCS orders down to P-cola..., half way through API right now, going to Corpus when finished with API(most likely)

I've been told on several occations that I"m not entitled to DLA (Dislocation Allowance for those who where wondering). When I moved to P-cola for API i was given it anyway.....the PSD (Personal Service Detachment) lady told me to make sure that I kept that money in the bank once the DFAS figures out the mistake.......

my question is.....dont I get DLA anyway when I move to Corpus??? I think (not for sure) that I'm entitled to DLA once in my Training command moves.
Any entitlement experts please chime in!!!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You are authorized to get a secondary DLA payment in a one year period, happened to me in flight school, though it is at a secondary rate. I will look up the reference later, got a flight to go to, and a ADB to read...

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
you will NOT get DLA for moving to corpus... unless
Prior E...
Married..
or navy goons up... in which case you have to pay it back a couple of months down the road once they realize that they paid you wrong, but you already spent the money. Just had a discussion with our admin guy today about this... it sux

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
webmaster said:
You are authorized to get a secondary DLA payment in a one year period, happened to me in flight school, though it is at a secondary rate. I will look up the reference later, got a flight to go to, and a ADB to read...

According to MATSG admin, there rumored "only twice in a year" DLA is not true. They told me way back when I PCS'd from API to Primary that there was no limit as to how many times you could recieve it, but that each time it would be scaled back/adjusted. I wouldn't think it would be different for the Navy, but just throwing that out there. Besides, how likely are you to be PCS'ing more than twice a year anyhow?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
http://www.dtic.mil/perdiem/faqdla.html

Q5: Can I receive more than one DLA payment in the same year?

Answer: DLA payment limitations are based on a fiscal year. Ordinarily members are entitled to only one DLA payment per fiscal year. However, there are some exceptions. For more information, please see JFTR, par. U5620. If you still have questions please contact your local finance office.

Q11: When is a 'Secondary DLA' payable?

Answer: If your PCS orders are amended, modified, canceled or revoked you may be entitled to a Secondary DLA. See Q10 above and JFTR, par. U5630-B6.

Above is the information to get you started. The second time I recieved DLA was moving from Whiting to Corpus.

Status
Not open for further replies.