• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dive/EOD questions. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidrwmn

Does anyone know where I can find the dive physical ( exam ) info/qualifications? Also, are allergies disqualifying for Navy Diver?
I am curious because I read that an EOD officer has to be dive qualified, is that true? Thanks!

- spider

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
SpidrWmn and PAP

First of all if you are slotted to go to flight school then it would be extremely difficut to go to dive school. This is because officers would go to BDO (Basic diving Officer) School. The catch is 1) its about 4 months long 2) BDO's are now in Special Operations and are 1140 (EOD) officers as well. I could start on a long tirade about Spec Ops officers (EOD and Dive Quald as well as jump quald) but it would take up to much time on this board. If you have any specific questions I'll answer them for you here or email me. Here is a site to visit that can help with some basic questions and give course descriptions. http://www.cnet.navy.mil/ndstc/
Allergies in general wouldnt dq one form dive duty as long as you can clear (ears, sinuses) and pass the dive PT Test and Physical (similar to a flight physical except you get pressed in a chamber). Hope this helped ya

Dave

spidrwmn

Thanks for the info! I am just about to start my appication and I was considering putting dive/EOD as one of my choices - along with SWO ( first choice) and NFO.
I have allergies and wear glasses, so I was wondering about how that effected the me in regards to qualification.
EODDave,
Any qualification info ( beyond the stuff on the site) and other interesting facts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

- spider

spidrwmn

EODDave,

I know it is possible to get a waiver for Claritin ( for allergies) for flight duty, is the same possible for Dive duty? Also, I know EOD and Dive are combined, but is it possible to do EOD if one is DQ from Diving?Thanks!

- spider

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
If you dont qualify for dive school, then you would have NO chance of becoming an EOD/Spec OPs Officer. Now if you were already in the 1140 Billet (Spec OPs) and then get dq'd from diving after youve had the training then thats different. If you have any questions about what disqualifying or not then contact a DMO (Diving Medical Officer), NDSTC (Naval Dive and Salvage Training Center) in Panama City Fl or NEDU (Naval Experimental Dive Unit also located in PC)

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.