• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Discovery NAVAIR show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

We finally got a new Discovery NAVAIR show coming our way guys, I'm getting sick of Justice Files...

I found this article in one of my film-geek production magazines. I wonder how much those little lipstick cameras cost? Hmm...

Click on the link to look at the article:

http://www.airwarriors.com/images/misc/vfc2_big.jpg

Also, Matt...they mentioned VFA-106, another article I was going to put up, from COMBAT AIRCRAFT, gives a SQD report that VFA-106 went overseas for adversary training agains Eastern Bloc aircraft last year, October I think (perhaps this same instance, althought this article doesn't mention MIG-29's) and I was wondering: Is that training for the ACM IP's or for the RAG students. It would make sense to get you guys started early training against those aircraft, but at the same time you're just taking your first steps learning how to fly the thing, maybe not the safest time to throw a Fulcrum against you in the merge!

...still waiting on my app. in Jersey

D

Edited by - dave shutter on 03/23/2001 08:20:33

Dave Shutter

Well it only took a friggin' year but I finally saw the afore' mentioned show! It's on Discovery wings channel and it's called Red October, VFA-106 guys VS. German Mig-29 Fulcrums, great stuff, I just caught the last five minutes but it'll be re-ran to death today.

dawgfighter

Try catching the other half of RO on D-Civilization Channel. That has more interviews shots of the US pilots interacting w/ the Germans. It's good stuff. Here is the schedule for the other part that they filmed. This is on the Civilization Channel. All times Eastern.
May 12 2002
10:00 PM

May 12 2002
1:00 AM

May 13 2002
6:00 AM

May 13 2002
9:00 AM

May 13 2002
2:00 PM

May 13 2002
5:00 PM