• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Detachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well everyone, I am officially done with my first Divo tour on the USS VALLEY FORGE (CG 50). I got bonged off earlier this morning.

Karianne and I have been quite busy over the weekend trying to get everything all situated for the packers. They are here now as I write this. Actually, they only sent one guy to pack (gonna take him awhile). So it hasn't been much of a Memorial Day weekend for us. But that's ok, my time is coming.

I'm taking about a month of leave before I report to the USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN (CVN 72). My job on there will be the Auxilliaries Division Officer. I'll have about 120 guys working for me (largest division on the ship). That's about twice the amount of people as there is in all of Weapons department on VALLEY FORGE. I haved a feeling it's going to be nothing that I expect and quite challenging. However, I'm definately looking forward to seeing a completely different aspect of the Navy. I told myself a long time ago that I never wanted to go to a carrier because there was too many people. But now, here I am looking forward to it. We'll be deploying fairly soon to you know where. Karianne and I will be going camping up in Yosemite, Redwood NP, Glacier NP, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton NP before I report aboart. So this will be the last time for a little bit anyway until I'll be able to get back to this forum. Take care.

--Steve Wilkins

spidrwmn

Good luck with the move and new assignment! Hope you enjoy your leave and be sure to let us know how the deployment and everything goes!

- spider

patbrown08

Steve,
Good luck on the carrier. I am sure you have mixed feelings about going back into an engineering type billet. I notice there are a lot of ex-nukes and ex-sub guys in general around the aviation pipelines, myself included. I was wondering if you had any desire or had the option to go back to the nuke community when you left aviation training? Or why you chose not to go back down that road when you got commisioned?
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.