• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Depth perception mega thread

Chris94

SNA selected
I was at MEPS a few months ago and passed my physical. My eye sight is 20/20 uncorrected and no glasses. They tested my depth perception and I got Pass-C. After looking at the requirements on U. S. Navy Aeromedical Reference and Waiver Guide for SNA it says you must pass the AFVT with at least A – D and no misses (I had no idea what the requirement was when I went to MEPS).

My recruiter said he submitted my package for SNA SWO and NFO in that order...If the requirement for pilot is Pass-D do you think I got some type of waiver? Or how was he able to submit my application for SNA if I didn’t get to D on my DP test?
Why SWO before NFO? There's also no depth perception requirement for NFO...

srichar1

Why SWO before NFO? There's also no depth perception requirement for NFO...
I have no idea why SWO before NFO - that’s just the order my recruiter put for my top 3 programs.

And yes, I know there is no requirement for NFO, but my number one program is pilot...in which my recruiter submitted my application for.

Chris94

SNA selected
I have no idea why SWO before NFO - that’s just the order my recruiter put for my top 3 programs.

And yes, I know there is no requirement for NFO, but my number one program is pilot...in which my recruiter submitted my application for.
You choose what order you want those in, not your recruiter. I'd get in touch with him and try to get that changed. My number one program was pilot too, but I still put NFO right after.

srichar1

You choose what order you want those in, not your recruiter. I'd get in touch with him and try to get that changed. My number one program was pilot too, but I still put NFO right after.
I will see what he can do, but he said it was already submitted. And for pilot how was he able to submit that with my DP test? It said Pass - C on my MEPS doc. He said he submitted pilot as my first choice

Chris94

SNA selected
I will see what he can do, but he said it was already submitted. And for pilot how was he able to submit that with my DP test? It said Pass - C on my MEPS doc. He said he submitted pilot as my first choice
Yeah, sounds like he didn't look at the requirements.

srichar1

Yeah, sounds like he didn't look at the requirements.
That is what I thought as well, but RecruitingGuru said a recruiter cannot submit an application without being PQ for the program by MEPS...

So if my recruiter says he submitted my package as Pilot first choice that means I was not NPQ for the program?

Chris94

SNA selected
That is what I thought as well, but RecruitingGuru said a recruiter cannot submit an application without being PQ for the program by MEPS...

So if my recruiter says he submitted my package as Pilot first choice that means I was not NPQ for the program?
As far as I know, to be selected SNA, you have to pass D for the DP test.

browntown

What do you suggest I say to my recruiter?
Ask him/her for a copy of your N3M physical qualification letter. I believe it should say which programs you’re qualified to apply for based on your MEPS physical. From there you should at least be able to know for sure whether you’re even being considered for SNA.