• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dcoic

cargodog

Hey guys. Been a while since I logged on. After commissioning, getting a new civilian job and moving cross country, its finally time to go to DCO school! Man, what a long road its been. I'm going in October, anyone with me?

I was wondering if there are any GMT's we need to complete prior to going to DCO school? Any words of advice on things to study before going?

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
Hey guys. Been a while since I logged on. After commissioning, getting a new civilian job and moving cross country, its finally time to go to DCO school! Man, what a long road its been. I'm going in October, anyone with me?

I was wondering if there are any GMT's we need to complete prior to going to DCO school? Any words of advice on things to study before going?

Have you affiliated with a reserve unit yet? If so, then you should be able to get all your questions answered by someone from the unit (you should have been assigned a sponsor) or the supporting NOSC or command. If not, then I recommend that you affiliate as soon as possible to get your training, both formal and informal, underway.

cargodog

Yes, I have been affiliated with a unit for several months now. Its a small unit though and all our guys have already gotten past BQC, and we know how rapidly things change! I hadn't heard anything formally but remember seeing someone post something to the affect of: "make sure you complete your GMT's prior to school and you'll be much better off" a while back. So I wondered if anyone here had been recently and could offer any good advice.

Devil Duck

You are responsible for a slew of NKO GMT courses; 3500s also suffice. Don't be that officer working on GMT until 2330 or beyond. The sleep cycle stinks bad enough without worrying about NKO courses. You can also find the list of required courses through NKO, by drilling down to OTCN, then DCOIC.

I'd also add:
- be within BCA (this is the only test that can send you home if failed)
- be able to pass all events of the PFA
- have your uniforms squared away, there is time to buy uniforms, but not much. recommend you bring most if not all with you. you'll need the seasonal list.
- don't stress, it's a fun course