• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

D3admeat

Board has now moved from July 13 to August 10.
Roger that. I recieved a message from my OR saying it was pushed two weeks. However, I believe the 10th of August will be more accurate too. Looking now on ways to get my packet stronger (just in case the first one is a no go)....

AU_Aviation

Seems the board convened already. Results are to be expected soon!

What makes you think this? Historically the results have taken close to 2 weeks to come out, so it might be another week or two before anything is made known. However, with the way things have been going this year one can never tell. Best of luck regardless to all that applied!

sig747

I have recently been mobilized and want to get checked for sleep apnea. I'm hesitant to do so because i'm worried it may prevent me from becoming an Officer if diagnosed with. Does anyone know if sleep apnea is a disqualifying factor?

exNavyOffRec

I have recently been mobilized and want to get checked for sleep apnea. I'm hesitant to do so because i'm worried it may prevent me from becoming an Officer if diagnosed with. Does anyone know if sleep apnea is a disqualifying factor?

It is.

subreservist

Had a guy recently get medically waived for sleep apnea. He had to provide additional documentation regarding and was approved. Can't remember off top what documents he needed. However, he has not been selected yet (submitting for this Sept board) and he is a current Navy Reservist applying to Intel DCO.

Make of that what you will!

exNavyOffRec

I'm pretty sure he basically had to submit he was not currently suffering from that condition.

That is not an easy thing to do, once you get diagnosed with it you basically need to find a doc that says the first doc made a mistake, I have seen a few who were on AD with medical conditions get denied on the physical for commissioning but were still allowed to continue on as enlisted.

I would recommend him to apply and after commissioning get looked at for sleep apnea

sig747

I will wait to get assessed after the results for this yr. If I find that I am selected (hopefully) and receive the professional rec., could I then get assessed. I know that I wouldn't officially be an O; however, it would still be documented and could get the right assistance needed. I realize that this could affect any possibilities for the FY22 DCO board.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
That is not an easy thing to do, once you get diagnosed with it you basically need to find a doc that says the first doc made a mistake, I have seen a few who were on AD with medical conditions get denied on the physical for commissioning but were still allowed to continue on as enlisted.

I would recommend him to apply and after commissioning get looked at for sleep apnea

How would that impact his VA disability rating if it was service related (assuming it was service related)? If the second doc said the first was wrong, but he really does have it would that prevent him from claiming it as a disability after he retires (assuming he get's 20 good years)? I know several retirees that have been able to claim sleep apnea and have it service related.

exNavyOffRec

How would that impact his VA disability rating if it was service related (assuming it was service related)? If the second doc said the first was wrong, but he really does have it would that prevent him from claiming it as a disability after he retires (assuming he get's 20 good years)? I know several retirees that have been able to claim sleep apnea and have it service related.

That is a good question and that would be another reason to wait until after commissioning.

RaginCajun

Hello All:

I haven't been paying too much attention to recent stats. I've got a few friends/co workers interested in joining the reserve Supply Corps. What have the recent numbers been like? What are they looking for in candidates now? I was accepted back in 2013 and I'm sure things are different now.

Thanks!

D3admeat

What makes you think this? Historically the results have taken close to 2 weeks to come out, so it might be another week or two before anything is made known. However, with the way things have been going this year one can never tell. Best of luck regardless to all that applied!
I received word from my OR about that...as of Monday he mentioned that he was still waiting for the results to come out.

Rudy.30

Hello All:

I haven't been paying too much attention to recent stats. I've got a few friends/co workers interested in joining the reserve Supply Corps. What have the recent numbers been like? What are they looking for in candidates now? I was accepted back in 2013 and I'm sure things are different now.

Thanks!

The past few years the board has selected 20-25 applicants. I have heard the number will be lower this year (15-20) so we will see if that holds true.

I have not heard of any specific field or specialty they are looking for, but I do know of the half dozen or so in my region that got picked up last board, a few of us were the only non-priors in some branch of the military so prior service helps a lot. Masters degrees are still vital as well as actual real world leadership/managment experience.

Best of luck to those that applied for the DCO board that met last week. Last year the results came out fast so I would not be shocked if those that got selected find out by the end of this week.

sig747

The past few years the board has selected 20-25 applicants. I have heard the number will be lower this year (15-20) so we will see if that holds true.

I have not heard of any specific field or specialty they are looking for, but I do know of the half dozen or so in my region that got picked up last board, a few of us were the only non-priors in some branch of the military so prior service helps a lot. Masters degrees are still vital as well as actual real world leadership/managment experience.

Best of luck to those that applied for the DCO board that met last week. Last year the results came out fast so I would not be shocked if those that got selected find out by the end of this week.
Is the selection process a one day event or a week long?