• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

FitGar

Darker than the depths of the oceans.
Just received a call from my OR...SELECTED!!! What an honor is to have been selected as a Naval Supply Officer. Still can believe it. It took me many attempts but I was worth it

First, and foremost: Congratulations! 3rd time's a charm! I was curious to know what you did differently this third try from your first two? Clearly whatever that might have been made an impact.

Cheers!

Kenneth

First, and foremost: Congratulations! 3rd time's a charm! I was curious to know what you did differently this third try from your first two? Clearly whatever that might have been made an impact.

Cheers!
Thanks! I worked on improving many facets of my application (Motivational Statement, Certifications, References, and more). The motivation statement seems to have a substantial impact on the board, so I will suggest that you start by working on improving your letter. Adding more certifications, such as earning a (CSCP), could improve your chances.

Rudy.30

Signed my RRA yesterday and am scheduled to commission the first week in October.

Still have not heard anything about the total number of applicants for this previous board. I was a FY 19 Alternate which is why I believe I was notified so early.

I am no expert by any means but I am willing to share my experience to help anyone reapply for this board next year. Let me know.

FitGar

Darker than the depths of the oceans.
Signed my RRA yesterday and am scheduled to commission the first week in October.

Still have not heard anything about the total number of applicants for this previous board. I was a FY 19 Alternate which is why I believe I was notified so early.

I am no expert by any means but I am willing to share my experience to help anyone reapply for this board next year. Let me know.

That's so awesome! Congrats on making it! I applied last year with no luck, enlisted and am currently preparing another package in hopes of getting picked up as I am also working on my MBA. Any insight on your selection process would be appreciated.

Mustang18

Thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge and experience. This is my first post, but I have been using this forum for information since I was enlisted back in 2011. Now that I have finished my MBA, and my kids are a little older, I am ready to go back in a Reserve capacity. Has anyone ever seen someone be successful in the Supply DCO route with a Captain’s Mast on their record? It happened about a decade ago (when I was 20), still had an honorable discharge and have done a lot since getting out that would make me competitive applicant. Just trying to gauge if this is an uphill battle, or trying for the impossible. Thanks for your help.

Keaopolohiwa

It probably will not have a significant negative effect. The larger problem is that there are not a lot of slots to be filled; last year it was 24, 12 for FY 19 and 12 for FY 20 with over 200 applicants. Do you have a Level I or higher contracting cert.? Are you in logistics now? Unless you are have something that distinguishes you from almost every other applicant; most have an MBA and prior enlisted your chances are slim. I recruited an applicant that also had an MBA, enlisted, great interviews and was a non-select. Look at what those selected here have. The guy that did get selected has a JD and level III contractor and was working at a FLC.

Mustang18

Thank you @Keaopolohiwa, for both the information and your directness. I would greatly appreciate some feedback on the rest of my qualifications, and advice on improving my candidacy. Below are my stats (I am just now learning about this process, so I apologize if I miss something):

Local university Finance undergrad; 3.6
Southern Methodist University MBA; 3.4
2 years at Lockheed Martin
6 years post undergrad experience
Mix of Finance, Distribution, Strategy
Published in recognized business journal
4 years Navy enlisted (Submarine nuclear electronics tech)
RE-3M
Several years of continuous volunteer experience in various leadership positions
High PRT scores
Haven’t pursued recommendations yet