• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

sig747

Hello all,
This is my first go at the DCO Supply Officer program. I had a spot in 2010 for OCS, but got canned as there were limited spots due to the economic recession. I tried to commission in the AirANG, but never selected. Hopefully with Federal Contracting Officer experience under my belt, it'll go increase my odds. Good luck all!

I have 7yrs Active duty (Navy MA) & 6 yrs air National Guard (Cyber Security).
Other credentials:
BBA finance w/real estate 3.2gpa
VP of student org.
MBA 3.9 gpa
2 yrs Finance Bank Examiner
3 yrs Federal Lease Contracting Officer
-FAC COR level II
  • LCP level I (equivalent dawaia level I)
  • 80 CLPs(continuous learning points) DAU
Active Secret clearance
CO (CAPT) recommendation (O-6)
CAPT interview & 3CDR interviews- all went well

exNavyOffRec

Hello all,
This is my first go at the DCO Supply Officer program. I had a spot in 2010 for OCS, but got canned as there were limited spots due to the economic recession. I tried to commission in the AirANG, but never selected. Hopefully with Federal Contracting Officer experience under my belt, it'll go increase my odds. Good luck all!

I have 7yrs Active duty (Navy MA) & 6 yrs air National Guard (Cyber Security).
Other credentials:
BBA finance w/real estate 3.2gpa
VP of student org.
MBA 3.9 gpa
2 yrs Finance Bank Examiner
3 yrs Federal Lease Contracting Officer
-FAC COR level II
  • LCP level I (equivalent dawaia level I)
  • 80 CLPs(continuous learning points) DAU
Active Secret clearance
CO (CAPT) recommendation (O-6)
CAPT interview & 3CDR interviews- all went well

I, and several other here recruited during 2010 and no one that was given a pro rec Y was then turned away due to "limited spots", we had some that had to wait 18 month to go to OCS but they still went, so your command must have done something to have them drop you from the wait or you weren't sent to board.

Those designators in that delayed situation were SWO and Intel and the actual cause was over-selection by Intel and too many redesignations from aviation to SWO at OCS, the others were going in no issues, I consistently had Aviation, Supply, Sub, SWO-N being selected and going to OCS.

Keaopolohiwa

Results are out. The official letter is not complete, but some recruiters have been contacted to start the final process with those selected. I am a recruiter.

Keaopolohiwa

I, and several other here recruited during 2010 and no one that was given a pro rec Y was then turned away due to "limited spots", we had some that had to wait 18 month to go to OCS but they still went, so your command must have done something to have them drop you from the wait or you weren't sent to board.

Those designators in that delayed situation were SWO and Intel and the actual cause was over-selection by Intel and too many redesignations from aviation to SWO at OCS, the others were going in no issues, I consistently had Aviation, Supply, Sub, SWO-N being selected and going to OCS.
By the way I was selected in 2010, but if you remember it was a double board, the applicants from January were held over until May/June board. And it was a DCO board so, not OCS, DCOIC, which is now gone and its only ODS starting Oct. for all DCO applicants.

exNavyOffRec

By the way I was selected in 2010, but if you remember it was a double board, the applicants from January were held over until May/June board. And it was a DCO board so, not OCS, DCOIC, which is now gone and its only ODS starting Oct. for all DCO applicants.

I remember that, I know there were a few thoughts as to why they did that, but ultimately they started going to 1 board per year for many DCO programs which wasn't smart, that push really was a shock to many who were waiting to go to board.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Didn't the shift to 1 board per year happen in 2015? I was applying to the Feb 2015 board (SUPPLY) only to find out in Jan that it was cancelled. The reason I was given was they were reducing the overall number of selectees (wars are winding down) so there was no need for multiple boards per year. Annual quotas were also cut to 15 SUPPLY DCOs /year according to an O6 at my old unit. If you take a look at the class size in the photos at the school house you'll notice the size of each class dramatically getting smaller after 2015 too.

exNavyOffRec

Didn't the shift to 1 board per year happen in 2015? I was applying to the Feb 2015 board (SUPPLY) only to find out in Jan that it was cancelled. The reason I was given was they were reducing the overall number of selectees (wars are winding down) so there was no need for multiple boards per year. Annual quotas were also cut to 15 SUPPLY DCOs /year according to an O6 at my old unit. If you take a look at the class size in the photos at the school house you'll notice the size of each class dramatically getting smaller after 2015 too.

It very well officially went to 1 a year later, but for a while they were cancelling boards that were essentially making it one a year, IDC had some cancelled too