• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

Tomcatter

July 2009 Supply DCO selection board - anyone still waiting?

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone is still waiting for result from July's Supply DCO selection board. I see some of you posted threads indicating that you have been selected and have been notified in early-mid August. I haven't heard a word from my recruiter since I put in my package in July. Any thoughts? I am in Washington, DC, if that makes any difference.

Dan

RM3(SW)

Tomcatter,

go to www.military.com go to communities, navy reserves and you will see the supply dco FY10 thread, I am sorry to hear that your recruiter has not called, that is not very professional, the results were officially posted the wednesday following the board, so first week of August. You will see a few people for DC on the thread not sure if they have been picked up but that would be a good starting point.

RM3

Tomcatter

Thanks, RM3. Did you say that you have also heard from people other than your recruiter? - either via email or phone welcoming you onboard? If I haven't heard anything back AT ALL, do you think that it is less likely that I've been selected?

FFG7

Old Newbie

Hi Everyone. I'm new to this forum. I was selected in the last round for the Supply Corp so I was searching for information on the next steps when I came across the great information provided here. I'm returning to the Navy Reserve after being separated from active service for 16 years. Yes, I'm an old guy. Left the Navy as a Chief to raise a family. Now that my kids are out of the nest (Son, Navy; Daugher, USMC), I decided I want to serve again. My biggest concern is making it through the rest of the process. I'm waiting for a waiver so I can make a visit to MEPS. I'm on edge because I'm concerned they won't issue the waiver. I've had a couple issues with my lower back but it does't cause any problems now (exercise almost daily). My recruiter is doing a good job keeping my nerves in check, but I still worry. This opportunity means a lot to me and it would be a pity to be selected then not make it because of something in my health history. Anyway, I look forward to participating in this forum! And, best wishes to those waiting to hear on Monday's Intel selection!

RM3(SW)

FFG7,

that is great news that a Chief would want to come back to the Navy and as a ENS to boot! I am actually a second class PO making the switch from enlisted to officer, I am looking forward to this process, one thing I have noticed with the Navy that never seems to change is the fact you hurry up wait, hurry up wait and oh did I mention that we hurry up and wait... I have my MEPS medical exam next week, once that is complete I will be back in the business of hurrying up and waiting again.. once your medical is cleared I think it can take 3 to 4 weeks before you get COMM docs to be commissioned, depending on your recruiter and how much pull they have, one thing I have noticed is that every recruiter has his or her own level of pull when it comes to getting things done.... good luck and look forward to chatting.

ENS (select) B

RM3(SW)

I know for the last supply DCO board there where over 300 packages submited only 240 made it to the board, and i think 80 selected. so 30%

planejane

DCO and OAR Question

I am currently on active duty enlisted and will be separating from the Navy (go on terminal) in February 2010.

To apply for Supply Corps, do I need to take the OAR for DCO? I know I have to take the full exam (all portions) for Intel, but not sure about the other communities.

Thank you for your assistance.

das

Contributor
Your officer recruiter will generally be the most accurate source of information on this. The only communities that currently have to take the full ASTB are aviation (SNA, SNFO) and intel. Other communities may require the OAR portion. Some don't require it at all (e.g., PAO). However, for most flexibility in potentially applying to multiple communities, you should plan on taking the OAR portion.

FFG7

FFG7,

that is great news that a Chief would want to come back to the Navy and as a ENS to boot! I am actually a second class PO making the switch from enlisted to officer, I am looking forward to this process, one thing I have noticed with the Navy that never seems to change is the fact you hurry up wait, hurry up wait and oh did I mention that we hurry up and wait... I have my MEPS medical exam next week, once that is complete I will be back in the business of hurrying up and waiting again.. once your medical is cleared I think it can take 3 to 4 weeks before you get COMM docs to be commissioned, depending on your recruiter and how much pull they have, one thing I have noticed is that every recruiter has his or her own level of pull when it comes to getting things done.... good luck and look forward to chatting.

ENS (select) B

Thanks for the information, RM3. I thought I'd hear about my waiver last week, but didn't. I've got my fingers crossed for this week. My recruiter says they're backed up because of fiscal year-end. In any case, I'll just be happy to get the physical completed this month.

Congratulations and BZ to all of these that were just selected!!

priorAF

Hello everyone, I’m new to this board as of today and I would like to thank everybody for their very informative posts. I too am interested in a DCO and I’m interested in HR and Supply. I do have a few questions that this board may be able to help with. First, does anybody know anything about the January Supply Board such as when, how many people are applying, and how may positions there are, etc? Two, I’ve been a civilian since 1991 (Gulf Storm and War Vet.), and I just wanted to know how other civilians got their Navy Interview papers done? My recruiter is looking into this for me because I do not know any military people, let alone any O-4s or above, and I just wanted to know how civilians are getting these? BTW, I checked and the only Navy Officer around here is my recruiter. Third, can I get a few people to post about the Selection Board, such as questions asked, number of Board members, time it took, etc? Fourth, can people please post the process and time frame of what happens after you’re accepted by the Board? I’m prior service, enlisted Air Force, and I’m really interested in a DCO so your help is very much appreciated. I was up for the October HR positions, but they were cancelled. However, I’m still up for the January, 2010, Supply Board. Thanks.....

cargodog

Supply School for Reservists

Has anyone been through Supply school on the reserve side that could comment about the program? I know you do two weeks in Athens and then do correspondence work after that. But specifically I'd like to find out, how long does the correspondence work usually take? Is it online? Is it self paced, so could I pound it out quickly? How much time should I devote to the program each week? Or any other useful information would be great.

Thanks!
Cargodog

priorAF

Has anyone been through Supply school on the reserve side that could comment about the program? I know you do two weeks in Athens and then do correspondence work after that. But specifically I'd like to find out, how long does the correspondence work usually take? Is it online? Is it self paced, so could I pound it out quickly? How much time should I devote to the program each week? Or any other useful information would be great.

Thanks!
Cargodog

I too would like to know the answers to these questions and I hope somebody further along than you or I posts the answers.

robinson

I'm still in the application process, but when i interviewed with a Captain in Buffalo, NY- he told me the correspondence courses take about 2 years. He also stated that it could be done faster if someone really tried, but on average for the 2-year window, that is expecting the person to do about 10 hours of correspondence work/week.

TonyK

I am also still in the application process - my package goes to the Board on 13 January, but I have heard exactly the same thing as Robinson from both LDCRs I interviewed with.

I have also heard that the Supply School is moving to Newport at some point. Does anyone know when?