• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO PRT Standards

mgreen121774

Hey Guys,

For those of you not familiar with me and/or my posts over the past couple of months, I have just been approved by the Intel Selection board. I have been training most times that I am able and am doing well. I am scoring in the good low to good medium range in terms of push ups and curl ups. As far as the 1.5 mile run goes, however, I am consistently passing in the probationary range.

My recruiter insists that as long as I can pass, I will do fine in DCO school, but I am concerned about that because the recommended training protocol for DCO students prior to arriving in Newport is INCREDIBLE. Again, my recruiter says that as long as I can pass, even with a probationary score, I will pass and be fine. Of course, I intend to improve upon my running time on the treadmill, that time hopefully translating into a faster time on pavement. I simply need to know if I am likely to be at a passing score, and thus OK for the Navy's PRT standards. I feel safe making the assumption that I will have no problems with anything else at DCO school, so I would hate to get sent home over something as simple as my PRT run time.

Whatever your reply(-ies), I hope my recruiter is right. According to her, DCO school PT is often just a few jumping jacks and you're done for the day, surprising to those expecting beforehand to get run into the ground. All I want to do is be able to pass with enough leeway to be considered a physically fit officer.

Trey

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I was told to run on pavement if my PRT is on pavement...running on a treadmill is totally different than running outside for many reasons. Train the way you fight.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Watching DCO do their PT was fun to watch. Actually, watching them in general was fun, especially at chow. "Mike division, dawn outer garments". Classic.