• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Panel Interview Gouge

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
I know this would be a huge lift, but interview scores are a data science problem. Can we build a database of scores, indexed by year, interviewer, and ultimate disposition of the candidate? It might help expose (with data) areas where one interviewer is consistently "off the reservation" with their scoring, or even trends based on location.

Just a thought...

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I know this would be a huge lift, but interview scores are a data science problem. Can we build a database of scores, indexed by year, interviewer, and ultimate disposition of the candidate? It might help expose (with data) areas where one interviewer is consistently "off the reservation" with their scoring, or even trends based on location.

Just a thought...
What you are talking about is establishing a RSCA for the NAVCRUIT 1131/5.
no-god-please-no-memes.jpg

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
What you are talking about is establishing a RSCA for the NAVCRUIT 1131/5.
no-god-please-no-memes.jpg
Hadn't thought of it that way, but I guess you're right. Still it's a data problem.

I had to sit as a member on an interview panel that went 'sideways' (and I'm being kind). I know the applicant, and tried to reach out to them and provide some context. They completely unplugged from the process and refused to even re-apply. I believe if folks could see maybe not "behind the curtain", but "through the curtain", they would better understand. If panel members had some sort of formal accountability, less hijinks would take place. At least, that's my internal thought process.

Hail_HYDRA!

One more question...
Hadn't thought of it that way, but I guess you're right. Still it's a data problem.

I had to sit as a member on an interview panel that went 'sideways' (and I'm being kind). I know the applicant, and tried to reach out to them and provide some context. They completely unplugged from the process and refused to even re-apply. I believe if folks could see maybe not "behind the curtain", but "through the curtain", they would better understand. If panel members had some sort of formal accountability, less hijinks would take place. At least, that's my internal thought process.
I was almost that person. My officer recruiter convinced me to give it another shot. Glad I did.