• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO board process question

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
At this point in the process I am rather confused. I thought that it was a fairly straight forward process to attempt to be a DCO. Not easy, but straight forward; now I am not so sure.

My OR submitted my application to the processor at the end of November. In theory there was a board late November/early December. I spoke with the processor earlier today (January) and was told that the Program Manager just reported an update today. If someone could clear up my confusion about how this whole thing works I would greatly appreciate it.
How I thought it worked:
1. I fill out application/go to MEPs/Interiew/LORs/etc, etc etc
2. OR sends final package to processor
3. Processor sends packages to board
4. Board sends recommendations to processors and program managers
5. Processor let's ORs know results
6. Program managers send final select/non-select letters through whatever channels

Am I missing steps? Did I screw up the chain of custody of the application? In either case, why would it take 2 months for my package to be in the program manager's hands. Does that mean that the board results are imminent or that the package is just getting ready to go to a board? In short, what role does the Program Manger play in the DCO selection process? When does a package go before said PM?

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Belay my last. A few hours after posting this I heard from the accessions officer. It turns out that they pulled packages for the DEC board early and mine, along with others, never made the board. All of the ones that didn't make that board have been pushed to the April board. Looks like I get to wait *patiently* until 30April to know my future! :cool:

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
PenguinGal, I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully everything goes smoothly for you in April. So you have already been to MEPS? My district doesn't let us go to MEPS until after we are Pro Rec'd. My board met early this month and I'm still waiting to Hear the results. Keep your head up and good luck!

exNavyOffRec

At this point in the process I am rather confused. I thought that it was a fairly straight forward process to attempt to be a DCO. Not easy, but straight forward; now I am not so sure.

My OR submitted my application to the processor at the end of November. In theory there was a board late November/early December. I spoke with the processor earlier today (January) and was told that the Program Manager just reported an update today. If someone could clear up my confusion about how this whole thing works I would greatly appreciate it.
How I thought it worked:
1. I fill out application/go to MEPs/Interiew/LORs/etc, etc etc
2. OR sends final package to processor
3. Processor sends packages to board
4. Board sends recommendations to processors and program managers
5. Processor let's ORs know results
6. Program managers send final select/non-select letters through whatever channels

Am I missing steps? Did I screw up the chain of custody of the application? In either case, why would it take 2 months for my package to be in the program manager's hands. Does that mean that the board results are imminent or that the package is just getting ready to go to a board? In short, what role does the Program Manger play in the DCO selection process? When does a package go before said PM?

OR to Processor, Processor to OACR, OACR to OPS, OPS back to Processor, Processor to NRC Processor, NRC processor to Program Mgr, Program Mgr to Board, Board sends Pro Y's to PM/Director of accessions, PM/Director of accessions distributes to OPS/OACR, OPS/OACR distributes to Processor/OR