• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dazed and Confused, OCS and enlisting to become an officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Park

Hello all,

this is such a great site! I've been reading it for months but never posted. Well, here is my first post! It is a decision that will affect the rest of my life. I've been talking to both OR and enlistment recruiters and have information from both sides. Before that, a little bit about myself. I am 26 years old, born in 1986. I graduated out of San Diego with a BS in Aviation Flight Tech. I have a 3.1 GPA and all my licenses, ie. Private Pilot, Instrument Rating, Commercial Rating, and Multi-engine add on. The blemish on my record is that I received a wet reckless driving in 2006, but the initial charge was a DUI. I am now too old to apply as a pilot for the Navy since I am a civilian with no prior service. SO, here is where it gets confusing. I am faced with two options, either go enlisted as a aviation machinist mate and try and become a pilot after enlisting (Since it will add a 2 year waiver for active duty personnel) or try and become an officer in a different field.. ie Supply.
I wanted to know .. what are my chances of becoming an officer in the supply corp with that wet reckless and "not so high" gpa... and what are my chances of becoming a pilot after I enlist into the navy. Also, if it matters, I have a huge student loan debt I have to pay off.. but I don't think that would count as a problem in my finances.. would it?

Thanks for reading!!

Status
Not open for further replies.