• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Date of Next Board/OCC for Air Contracts (2013/2014)

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
Tribe,

Have you had your flight physical yet? If not, the chances of getting NAMI approval before the July board is probably slim.

That might be why they are getting your package together for OCC 215.

tribeaviation

ahelwig5,

I have not. I'll be getting my paperwork in for MEPS next week, so hopefully I'll be able to get scheduled to go to NAMI within a month or so as I don't anticipate any snags with MEPS. However, from what I've heard about NAMI I'm somewhat nervous about that whole process, and I realize it will take a significant amount of time even if my medical stuff is perfect. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
Accidental send*

Between those two sites you should be able to research any part of the process.

Good luck.

seth_h

I already have my flight physical and NAMI stuff done. I went last year in June for mine, I think it took a few months for it all to clear (maybe even into January of this year).

tribeaviation

Updating with the latest from my OSO office:

Their OCC active duty mission has been cut for the time being in order to clear the TBS backlog. Therefore, there will be no OCC boards, at least for active duty air contracts, until the spring of 2014. On the bright side, we'll have more time to beef up our packets and get that 300 PFT.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Skinsuit

pilot
We were just informed of the same thing - no AD air until next summer, at which point my OSO has one air slot.

The_Pants

Same boat as you tribe and Florence. I was about to go for my flight physical and the next day I got a call informing me that there would be no AD contracts awarded to graduates, only reserved to PLC and ROTC. Then I was told I could either wait until next Spring for OCT/JAN Class or go Reserve, but I'm set on being a career Marine.

But I do have some fairly good news. My brother is an Officer and has a buddy who is an OSO who received the same news, but told us this is not final nor definite and to check back at a later date. So he suggested that I call my OSO in about 2-3 weeks and see if anything has changed. Good luck and I hope we can still submit our applications in November.

drewsivemac

Updating with the latest from my OSO office:

Their OCC active duty mission has been cut for the time being in order to clear the TBS backlog. Therefore, there will be no OCC boards, at least for active duty air contracts, until the spring of 2014. On the bright side, we'll have more time to beef up our packets and get that 300 PFT.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I just called and talked to Captain Ashworth as well (assuming we have the same OSO?). Were you planning on trying for a Winter 2014 class? Basically, he told me he still has an air mission with AD spots for OCC-217, around this time next year.

tribeaviation

We do have the same OSO. I was planning on submitting for the winter board until I spoke with Ssgt. Davis the other day, although I haven't gotten a chance to speak with Captain Ashworth since he replaced Captain Franklin. How far along are you in the process?

drewsivemac

We do have the same OSO. I was planning on submitting for the winter board until I spoke with Ssgt. Davis the other day, although I haven't gotten a chance to speak with Captain Ashworth since he replaced Captain Franklin. How far along are you in the process?

I guess you could say I'm still in the beginning phases because there is nothing I can do until January 1st for a medical clearance. I also am still going into my senior year at James Madison so the earliest I would ship, if selected, is June. From what Captain said, it doesn't seem like this affects me too much. Not much more than a couple of months.

tribeaviation

Right on. I'd advise you to start getting your medical history pulled together now. The time it has taken for me to get through medical is the reason I didn't make this most recent July board and am now looking at the prospect of waiting a year. Funny side note, what has taken the most time is a waiver for surgery done as a result of an injury sustained while playing football against JMU.

drewsivemac

Right on. I'd advise you to start getting your medical history pulled together now. The time it has taken for me to get through medical is the reason I didn't make this most recent July board and am now looking at the prospect of waiting a year. Funny side note, what has taken the most time is a waiver for surgery done as a result of an injury sustained while playing football against JMU.

Haha well on behalf of my team, I sincerely apologize. Did it happen to be the game we beat you this past fall?... Sore subject. :)

And thanks, I will definitely be sure to hop on that. Everything has been pretty much pulled together. Especially my post-op PRK surgery paperwork, I know they are going to be all over that.

The_Pants

Was just informed that the next Board for AD air contracts will officially meet June 2014. Plenty of time to improve your scores, get some more LORs, and gain more leadership experience/positions wherever you choose.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts"