• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Date of Next Board/OCC for Air Contracts (2013/2014)

tribeaviation

Greetings, I'll try to keep it brief:

According to my OSO, the next board for air contracts will be in October 2013, with the class itself sometime in the winter (currently unscheduled). Is there anyone here who can confirm this? I'm itching to get started and get my packet before a board, and I'd rather not have to sit around for almost a year before going to OCC. However, if this is the case I need to plan accordingly.

I apologize in advance if this has already been asked or if my thread violates a rule, I've been lurking/scouring this forum for a few months now and I haven't seen any recent information with regards to future air contracts. Thank you for your time.

mxracer

I'm not sure of the exact date the next board for OCC is meeting, but I do know that the next board does not meet until after this summer (Summer 2013). Hope that somewhat helps. I'm guessing they will meet sometime after August.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm itching to get started and get my packet before a board, and I'd rather not have to sit around for almost a year before going to OCC.
Yeah, with your ASTB scores plus PPL/Inst. rating, I'd be anxious to 'get into the game' also. Don't forget patience and humility as you progress... and you'll do well.:)
BzB

tribeaviation

Don't forget patience and humility as you progress

That's great advice, and something I definitely have found myself having to double check from time to time. Being a young guy with some ratings it's easy to think you're a hot shot, but in the big scheme of things it's not that significant. Hanging around some of the older veteran pilots at my FBO has given me a lot of perspective when it comes to being humble and patient, and has taught me a great deal about how to carry oneself; one of my flight instructors is a 35-year Air Force guy with time in the majority of the tactical fighters the Air Force has flown in the past few decades, yet he won't mention it unless you ask him directly. Thank you for your advice sir, I'll absolutely be keeping that in mind as I progress.

tribeaviation

It sounds like that is the case for the next board, although I was initially told the same thing by my OSO. However when I was talking to him a week or two ago, he said it wouldn't be until sometime in October for air contracts, and that the OCC class wouldn't be until January or so.

SLH350

pilot
From what I've heard peripherally there will be an October OCC class, would assume the board will be approximately 2-3 months prior. Generally it'll be January and October classes for OCC since they've cut the summer class unless you're going reserves.

seth_h

That sounds like a fun way to spend a weekend.

It should be informative. This will be my second event.

From what I've heard peripherally there will be an October OCC class, would assume the board will be approximately 2-3 months prior. Generally it'll be January and October classes for OCC since they've cut the summer class unless you're going reserves.

My OSO (Orlando, FL) told me the selection board for the October OCC is July 8-12 (or sometime about then, memory is a bit sketchy at the moment).

tribeaviation

My OSO (Orlando, FL) told me the selection board for the October OCC is July 8-12 (or sometime about then, memory is a bit sketchy at the moment).

That's the timeline I had originally heard from my OSO. However, about a week ago I was emailing some stuff to the SSgt. in the office and he said the board isn't even scheduled yet but it would be sometime in October with the OCC class starting in Jan/Feb of '14. I hate to second guess my OSO and SSgt as they've been very helpful so far and seem like quality guys, but I'm trying to plan my life out for the next few months and having the board in July versus October makes a significant difference in my timeline with regards to work, PT, and getting cleared through NAMI among other things. Regardless, thank you for the input and good luck to you, I'll have to check in with them to see what I can find out.