• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Damn allegies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor2216

Be honest now, are there (fighter)pilots in the navy who actually do have very minor allergies? Or are the allergic ones just out of luck here and will never even see the cockpit of a T-34? I would imagine that someone with minor allegies is better off than someone with bad vision with a wavier, I mean do you really want someone at the controls of a aircraft who depends on their glasses or contacts to see, or would someone who has an occasional stuffy nose?

Just one last thing that I found out. A person with a degree in mechanical engineering with 3.5 GPA has more brains than someone who majored in under water basket weaving with a 4.0. Why cant the selection board seem to understand that difference????

O-man

My father was a Marine pilot- (F-4's and A-4's) he had allergies so bad that he needed shots in college. he just lied about it.and he was fine. I have minor allergies, and while not under the thumb of some flight sergion- have had no trouble in my outfit.This was discussed about 5 months ago here in this forum- but the military will let you take allergie meds if they should "develop" after you get in. I'm sure somone else is going to remember better. I'm not saying I think you should Lie about your allergies, but maybe you neglected to mention them because there not a problem. Samper Fi- O-man

Teddy

quote:
more brains than someone who majored in under water basket weaving with a 4.0.

Actually, I would think if you can weave a basket while holding your breath underwater, the Navy would scoop you up pretty quick regardless of whether you wanted to fly or not! (Forgive me - saw the opportunity for cheap humor and had to take it)

Teddy.

spidrwmn

Come on, give us college of liberal arts majors a break!! :)
Flight surgeons can give waivers for claritin and maybe some others also? Check out: www.nomi.navy.mil for more info.

- spider

Status
Not open for further replies.