• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dad needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hummole

Hummer Mole (ret)
None
I am writing this on behalf of my son. Unfortunately his recruiter is not worth much. He has been doing it so long and is so close to retiring that he really is no help. My son is applying for SEAL can anyone help in that arena or just general help would be nice. What exactly does it take to get Pro-Rec. He has his app complete, his recommendations, school transcripts, and degree completion paperwork done, owever nothing has been submitted. He is starting his second semester junior year, will graduate in Dec '04, applying for BDCP. I know he must take a physical, a PT test and since he is applying for SEAL, the SEAL screen. At what point are you Pro-rec? Does he do all the paperwork and submit it then the physicals and PRT followed by the screen test? I get the impression you are Pro-rec prior to being selected by a warfare community. This shows you what a good recruiter means. Thanks

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Seal slots are hard to come by. However, there are a few given out for OCS guys each year. If you are having problem then have your son IM me and I'll try and help him out. There are numerous things that can be done, and it would take me to long to write them out. So, just have your son Email me at planeporters@msn.com

Dave

hummole

Hummer Mole (ret)
None
Thanks for the offer. Believe it or not we are pretty well versed on how hard it is to get in. He has recommendations from a current Team CO, and a retired RADM from Spec War. My problem stems in the basics of the OCS application process. As my first post said his recruiter is about worthless, I myself am an active duty Commander E-2 NFO, I am trying not to do my "Commander Thing", as my wife calls it, on this recruiter so I just thought I would try and get some gouge on the process here. If you can help me at that I would appreciate it. Oh by the way his second choice is EOD. He has already tested though and even that score has not been significantly explained to him or me.....44?

hummole

Hummer Mole (ret)
None
He can swim 500yds in 9:14. Run 1.5 miles in 9:47, 100+situps, 96 pushups, and 21 pull ups. Located in Norfolk VA area.

NuSnake

awesome stats.....well my recruiter is O-4 in Nashville, TN....EA6B NFO, I dont know if he can be of help to you. He knows his stuff though and is really good. Shoot me a PM if you would like his contact info.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
His best bet would be to contact the SpecWar Officer Community Manager, CDR Tom Carlson. Contacting him is a good deal for several reasons. One, he is the individual that makes the decision on who gets the OCS SpecWar slots. Second, he can motivate a recruiter without it looking like you are doing the "Commander Thing". He can also tell you exactly what you are missing in your package. I do know that your son will need to do a dive physical and get a chamber run (hyperbaric). CDR Carlson is a good guy and as you know, sometimes it's who you know not what you know. I'll IM you his phone number and Email. Your sons package will eventually get to him, so greasing the skids before hand is a good idea. If you have any other questions or need the EOD Community Manager's info or the East Coast EOD Recruiter out at Group Two, just let mw know.

Dave

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
wow eod dave, are you in the spec ops/war also? i mean, considering your name, i'm guessing that you are... are you going from eod to sna now? man, only if i was better at running... i have the same stat as mr. hummole's son except the run time (and the pull ups)!!!

hey mr. hummole, i was in norfolk last fall/winter... what street do you live on? i used to live on larchmont cres. ... just wondering if you live close to me or not.

if your son wants to meet up with a person that's specializing in SEALs, you can go and ask mr. thomas pogue (MIDN 1st class) in the odu's nrotc dept. he is finishing school this semester and is going to coronado this winter. he also finished mini-buds and all the other requirements; i believe 9th out of 16 midn in the nation's nrotc for the BUD/S spot. hope this helps also.

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
oops, also, sir (hummole), you are doing a great job supporting your son to become a SEAL. when i told me dad that i was thinking about just enlisting to become a seal, he had a tantrum, and told me about this crazy korean war stories (about how he was a crypto and taught us marine recons how to read codes...) then just went on to tell me about them cutting ppl's ears and noses off as consolation prizes... ANYWAY, ahem, you're doing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.