• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CYA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

I think what John has created with this web site is great. I applaud his many hours or work to keep it up and running. Prior to a particular former member quitting the board a few months ago I had found many answers to questions I had about the pipeline and upcoming training. I know the value of getting gouged up on what to expect.

I have stayed a contributing member of this board because I thought, as someone who had actually gone throught the pipeline, I could help to answer questions for those up and comers. I have enjoyed sharing my personal experiences in Meridian and Whidby, hopefully the info has helped someone.

Within the past few weeks I have been discouraged with many of the posts and threads finding their way on the boards. I have written many of my posts with a definite level of sarcasm and sense of humor. That being said, there is not much that I have posted that is not relavent to existing threads - hopefully they have done something to answer quesitons (however sarcastically the responses may have been).

I take considerable issue with the members of this forum, most of them new, who take it upon themselves to attempt in policing the conversations. If there was ever anything that was found to be questionable John was quick to remove it, i.e Cunninglinguist. I take even more exception to members of this board who have yet to make it into or out of the training command who continually spout off at the mouth about material they assuredly know nothing about. Finally, worse yet, is that a newer member who is a fleet experienced aviatior decided to make this his personal pissing contest by requiring campaign medals from others in order to validate their input. I no longer want to a part of any of this.

I wish everyone luck in their pursuits.

Good luck and fly safe,
jack

ghost_ttu

sorry you feel that way Jack, I for one looked to you and others as well, after the departure of that certain member. I hope I have not said anything in bad taste to you, and if I become fortunate enough to become one of the persons priviledged to take part of the community you enjoy I hope to look to you for answers once again. I agree with you in the matter that John has created a great thing here that is most helpful. I hope that everyone will be here to lift spirits, give laughs, and provide useful information.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Rainman

pilot
Jack, not everyone ever "gets it". What do you propose; "tryouts" for the site? I got the pleasure of accepting linguists initial volleys and just let him run out his welcome. Most of what he said didn't make any sense (and over time, guess what? people realized it).

When people don't pick up on sarcasm, they don't make sense either. How hard is to ignore them? You mentioned you stayed b/c you "could help to answer questions for those up and comers." Is that mission dead? Are a couple contributors so annoying to you that you just can't (or don't wish to) handle it?

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Good Luck
--Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.