• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current NATOPS

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I have two leftovers that I sure as hell don't need anymore. Maybe I oughtta mail them to your squadrons, addressed to LCDR Pickle/sevenhelmet, VP/VFA-XX, attn: JOPA

Go ahead. We'll have a little bonfire in your honor. :cool:

You guys don't get issued laptops?

Of course. The pain of having to create a hotspot and VPN connection with NMCI means I can count on the fingers of one hand I've actually used my laptop outside of USN spaces (e.g. only when really necessary). Getting a card reader for my non-craptacular personal computer is a slippery slope to late night/weekend JOPA tasking, and I refuse to be that kind of hinge.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
That's the beauty of it: I'm a senior hinge now. The Safety department can't task me with giving a brief.

:D
But the JOPA could still flood the CO's suggestion box (bypassing the anymouse) and get you that way. It's not like they're busy getting tons of flight hours... idle hands are the devil's workshop and all that (another way of saying JOPA is the devil).

sevenhelmet

pilot
But the JOPA could still flood the CO's suggestion box (bypassing the anymouse) and get you that way. It's not like they're busy getting tons of flight hours... idle hands are the devil's workshop and all that (another way of saying JOPA is the devil).

Good try. But that's the same JOPA who are happy that I don't task them during off hours. :cool:

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
The same JOPA who are happy that I don't task them during off hours? That JOPA?

Again, the beauty of it is: senior hinge. I could make their lives miserable in more ways than they can reciprocate, but I don't.
Think back to your war college lessons and rational vs non-rational actors and why sometimes people don't act in their best self-interests.

sevenhelmet

pilot
Think back to your war college lessons...

Never went. I'm just a simple barbarian with a couple of engineering degrees and a year at TPS. But I do get what you're saying, I've been working with this JOPA for the last year and a half. :cool:

sevenhelmet

pilot
Quick what’s the boldface for lighting strike in a Hornet?

Sucks. That happened to a buddy of mine during our last boat det because the CVN brain-trust decided to catapult us all into a cell during the first night of cyclic ops. :rolleyes:

Less than a minute after being launched, he saw St. Elmo's fire and a blinding flash, then immediately had a momentary dual gen failure (at night... scary), and got everything back a few seconds later except his radar. The jet flew and landed fine, with a couple of burns on the radome, which had to be replaced.

Despite my best efforts, that one boat det doubled the number of T-storms I've flown through in my career. Fun times. :confused:

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Shouldn't you be unscrewing a set of orders or going back into your DTS because you forgot to digitally sign something?

(laughs in DD-214)

:p
The specialty these days is the utter fuckery and waste of time it takes to muster people in NSIPS.