• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Cubi Point Revitilization

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
The port facilities aren't bad, but the airport, especially the old FEDEX hangars, will need A LOT of work.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FA-50s on order from South Korea.

I know, I was being a bit facetious since they don't have them yet and haven't had anything for years.

With the pervasive corruption there I wonder how much of that money will actually end up being spent for its intended use.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
The port facilities aren't bad, but the airport, especially the old FEDEX hangars, will need A LOT of work.

We ported there when I was doing USNS vertrep. There is a brand new shopping mall just outside the gate and the locals are quite nice - money for infrastructure revitalization will go a long way towards making it a superb port call (I never deployed to the Pacific back in the day - always the Med).

Curious to know: do most today prefer deployments to the Mediterranean or the Pacific?

Last edited:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This seems like, big picture, a no-brainer. With all the money and effort to reinforce Guam and make HI assets FDNF, I'm surprised (not really) that it's taken this long to give the PI some cash to get us closer to the theater. I'm sure there was some political maneuvering required, especially with all of the GWOT issues in the PI the last 5-10 years, but seriously, this sounds like a decent plan to move us closer to various hot-spots.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
money for infrastructure revitalization will go a long way towards making it a superb port call

The SBMA zone is actually pretty decent, over the past few years there has been some marked improvement in restaurants and malls.

$2 million will help but to make it more than a port call, the airfield is going to require a lot of work for the facilities.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I get the feeling that there's a lot of hesitancy to re populate our presence in the PI due to the availability of fun, and the trouble it will cause this day in age. It won't all be a game of smiles when the SITREPs start rolling in.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I get the feeling that there's a lot of hesitancy to re populate our presence in the PI due to the availability of fun, and the trouble it will cause this day in age. It won't all be a game of smiles when the SITREPs start rolling in.

I don't think it is really a factor, much bigger ones include the country's ability to be a stable and reliable ally that could actually help us out with more than just location.