• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CTI World

CTIwannabe

I am trying to go active duty Navy from the US Army Reserves. I am currently an E6 in the Reserves. I was initially trained as an Arabic linguist in 1986 when I was on active duty in the Marines. I have served in Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom as an Arabic linguist. I am tired of the Army Reserves and wish to get back on active duty so that I can retire from the military. My questions are these:
1. How difficult will it be to get accepted by the Navy? Are they in serious need of Arabic linguists (even one whose proficiency is not up to snuff)?

2. If I do manage to get through all the red tape, which NSGA's can I get assigned to as an Arabic llinguist? I know they have shut down alot of the sites in the last 10 years or so.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Best advice I can give is to call an enlisted recruiter.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I work with an OS1 who just got picked up for transition CTI and DLI.

PM me and perhaps I can get the two of you to contact each other.

r/
G

phrogpilot73

I am trying to go active duty Navy from the US Army Reserves. I am currently an E6 in the Reserves. I was initially trained as an Arabic linguist in 1986 when I was on active duty in the Marines. I have served in Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom as an Arabic linguist. I am tired of the Army Reserves and wish to get back on active duty so that I can retire from the military. My questions are these:
1. How difficult will it be to get accepted by the Navy? Are they in serious need of Arabic linguists (even one whose proficiency is not up to snuff)?

2. If I do manage to get through all the red tape, which NSGA's can I get assigned to as an Arabic llinguist? I know they have shut down alot of the sites in the last 10 years or so.
My wife is a Navy Cryppie and she said the chances are very good. She just got the same question from an Army Sgt and can put you in touch with actual linguists. Send me a PM if you would like to ask her any questions...

LoneSailor

Yup, your chances are great. Talk to an enlisted recruiter and from there you're on your way. I'll PM you the potential NIOCs (formerly NSGA) you can be stationed at.