• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Crunch Time

Cleonard19

Contributor
So I'm set to start my nine week vacation to Chicago here in a week and a half, and I can score a Good Low on all aspects of the PRT, but to be completely honest, I still have a pretty bad beer gut. I know I can't do much in a week and a half, but does anyone have any (realistic) suggestions of what I can do to make even the slightest dent in my gut before I get there?

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Run run run ... and watch what you eat.

Don't starve yourself - eat many small meals to keep your metabolism up. Snack on nuts, veggies, maybe a slice of cheese when hungry. I happen to love V8, so if you like that maybe have one or two of them when you are really hungry before your meal.

Oh, then run some more ...

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Speaking of V8, that V-Fusion light strawberry banana is pretty good. I usually cut it 50/50 with water.

Herc_Dude

pilot
Contributor
Speaking of V8, that V-Fusion light strawberry banana is pretty good. I usually cut it 50/50 with water.

V-Fusion is NOT real V8 ...

My wife loves that stuff (and she drinks it 'straight') .... nuff said :rolleyes:

V8 Hot n Spicy, only way to go

Don't worry, I still have some respect for you FMRAM :D

So I'm set to start my nine week vacation to Chicago here in a week and a half, and I can score a Good Low on all aspects of the PRT, but to be completely honest, I still have a pretty bad beer gut. I know I can't do much in a week and a half, but does anyone have any (realistic) suggestions of what I can do to make even the slightest dent in my gut before I get there?

Yeah, do what those guys said, run a lot and maintain a healthy diet. Don't sweat it, enlisted boot camp PT is CAKE. I went through NTC Great Lakes in 2001.

Advice* During service week, try to get "house crew". You make the division flag and wax the floors in your berthing. There is hardly any supervision, nobody yelling at you and watching your every move:D

Cleonard19

Contributor
Yeah, do what those guys said, run a lot and maintain a healthy diet. Don't sweat it, enlisted boot camp PT is CAKE. I went through NTC Great Lakes in 2001.

Advice* During service week, try to get "house crew". You make the division flag and wax the floors in your berthing. There is hardly any supervision, nobody yelling at you and watching your every move:D

There is no service week at boot camp anymore. And its not a matter of boot camp PT, I can' do that fine, I just like to be in good shape, and until I tried putting on my tux for a wedding this weekend, I didn't realize how much i've been slacking off while waiting to ship.

SnovTra

An old wrestling trick to keep your metabolism up while you sleep. Eat celery and cracked pepper just before you go to bed. I know weird but the cracked pepper gives a short term boost to your metabolism and eating celery burns more calories to digest than it puts in your body. Which means you lose weight by eating and while you sleep :). I used to be a buck 25 when I wrestled and this little trick would let me float 2 lbs the night before a match :) Also what Devil Dog said on eating many small meals throughout the day is the way to go. It helps maintain a constant metabolism that burns calories throughout the day.

Herc_Dude

pilot
Contributor
... eating celery burns more calories to digest than it puts in your body...
I had heard that doesn't work, so I checked the end-all source for legends - Snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/celery.asp

Well, I heard wrong. Unfortunately the calorie differences are not much. However, if one was to make many small changes (including this one) in there diet, it can most def help.

So, thanks for sparking my interest Snov. Don't know when else I would have thought to look that up.

BackOrdered

Contributor
An old wrestling trick to keep your metabolism up while you sleep. Eat celery and cracked pepper just before you go to bed. I know weird but the cracked pepper gives a short term boost to your metabolism and eating celery burns more calories to digest than it puts in your body. Which means you lose weight by eating and while you sleep :). I used to be a buck 25 when I wrestled and this little trick would let me float 2 lbs the night before a match :) Also what Devil Dog said on eating many small meals throughout the day is the way to go. It helps maintain a constant metabolism that burns calories throughout the day.

Cracked pepper :yuck_125:

SnovTra

Yeah the calorie differences aren't much but its one hell of a food to snack on when you get a craving while dieting.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
http://www.drsears.com/

run run run and follow that link. It's kinda tedious but it works. and you'll drop about a pound or 2 before you head out.

+1. The zone diet is the only diet I've ever read that made scientific/logical sense and didn't sound like a fad. Just sensible eating. Worked well for me. Mix in exercise and the fat will roll off.