• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Crew rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe2surf

How does crew rest work in the Navy? Postmission, premission, and time off after TDY's and deployments? Is it the same for pilots/NFO's/enlisted crewmembers?

Chuck D

For enlisted you usually get a leave period prior to and after a 6 month deployment. It is usually 4 weeks. The 4 weeks are broken up into 2 week intervals. That way not everyone is not gone at once. Now this is for ships company (Carriers). I am not sure about squadrons, but I would have to say that it is about the same. And it depends on how much leave time you have accrued too. You don't have to take the whole leave period.
You are not usually granted leave when the ship is going out to sea for a work up unless it is an emergency. But anytime the ship is in port you can request leave.

Charlie

Gabe2surf

How about time off before each flight? I know the Chair Force gives their guys 12 hours of crew rest before each flight where they can't do official duties, at least in theory they're not supposed to. I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about. Anyone go to Vance or Moody? i would assume the Navy has the same rules, but I'm not sure?.?.

Status
Not open for further replies.