• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Credit Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AviatorMR239

Do they look seriously at your credit history? 4 years of college has taken quite a toll on me financially, and i still have some personal debt and student loans. I have read through a lot of the gouge on here and have to offer a blanket thank-you to all the info that's helped answer questions and alleviate anxiety. I just sent my packet off this week, did my medical down in key west and have my PFT coming up. This is just one more thing i'd rather not worry about if it's not a big deal

perchul

I think its easier to get the corps credit background then to get a cell phone if that helps, I know I made sure that I didn't have any deliquent debt when I applied...hey are you going through OSO miami?

Tolerance only benefits the weak

AviatorMR239

yeah with Cpt. Lenard, but i'm over on the west coast so i don't get the chance to PT with him. I don't graduate till december so i'm hoping for january or march class.

perchul

I met you at the pft on July 12, I never get a chance to PT either. Do you know when the next PFT is?

AviatorMR239

don't think that was me, i haven't done a PFT yet, but i'm scheduled to take mine in october, so you might want to look into one sooner... how did you do on your first PFT?

perchul

well my score is a 288, I remeber a guy being there who came from Ft. Meyers I just figured most people were going to be driving from the west coast. I've already gotten everything done, I just go do the pft's anyway

AviatorMR239

well im shaving time off my run everyday, so i'm confident there....wish i saw the same improvement with the pull ups.... but someone told me you can switch to chin ups if you want?

perchul

yeah, you can do either chinups or pullups, just make sure your going all the way down to a dead hang

reapergm

Yo Aviator... did your OSO give you a packet with the "Armstrong program?". Its awesome. That was my toughest obstacle in regards to the PFT. I could hardly do three when I first started really training. 9 on my first PFT. After the program... Im up to 22-24 now. I got 21 on my last pft (282). You might need to do more pullups (during obstacle courses) than chinups, but chinups are def easier and faster to build, so do them.

Praying to get in 184

AviatorMR239

i have heard about this armstrong program on other posts around this site... and i'm willing to give anything a shot. I've been in the gym just about every day for 2 months now working on overall strength, doing a lot of lat pull downs and other exercises that help with shoulders and pull ups, i even took the advice that someone else mentioned about working on my grip with those hand springs (which has already started to help with many parts of my work out)

Basically I have a "whatever it takes" attitude towards training for not just the PFT, but the program as a whole. Would be nice to find other guys(or girls) in my area training for this as well, as my OSO is a good 2 hours away. This site is probably the next best thing knowing that there are others out there with the same drive and same worries.

DaGunz

AviatorMR239...I think I have this program on paper somewhere. I will try and dig it out (this weekend), type it out and e-mail it to you if you'de like. Working out helps, but the only way to increase the pullups is to do the pullups! Glad to see you're willing to do "what ever it takes"!

AviatorMR239

hey gunz that would be cool of you man, my e-mail is mwraines@hotmail.com i hear that it works so i'm anxious to get crackin

Status
Not open for further replies.