• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

MGoBrew11

pilot
Agree 100%. I am surprised by the lack of skepticism in the media by their numbers.

There is no way a country of 1 billion + people where this thing started to begin with has fewer cases than here.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Our intel community would know.
Maybe...

I'm not convinced they had a great handle on what was going on over there just a month ago, before everything unraveled in the west.

I see anecdotes popping out in the news here and there- indirect, weird stuff like the number of urns getting bought over there and cell phone activity. I'm taking it all with a grain of salt because I'm sure some of it is simply incorrect for some reason- somebody got the facts wrong, the facts are evolving too quickly, or somebody is deliberately planting misleading information (either simple hoaxes for mischief or complex misinformation campaigns). I don't mean that in a conspiracy nut sense either, I just think there are a lot of variables. But eventually you get to where there is enough evidence to support one conclusion or another.

And back to our intel communities, they have to sift through a lot of noise and figure out what might be true and what is probably not true.