• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cosmonaut dreams

D

Deleted user cNaut

I'm currently in my second year of University getting my Computer Science degree, the school is a tier below an Ivy League for reference (so not top tier but top 40 in rank). I'm also fluent in Russian, both in reading and writing (my parents grew up in the Soviet Union and my dad served in its military). Say I'm able to guarantee myself a flight slot after Navy OCS and proceed to serve out my 8-10 years as a naval aviator. If I move to Russia and gain citizenship there, would this guarantee me a higher chance at becoming a Cosmonaut since there is much less competition in Russia (only 20 something candidates applied one year I believe)?

It's just that I've wanted this Cosmonaut dream for a while and every time I watch the beginning of "Interstellar" I start crying. I imagine myself as Cooper, flying across the sky, attempting to break the barriers of flight as we know it. I want to feel the intensity, I want to rage against the dying of the light.

This quote always brings me to tears and inspires my astronaut dreams - "We used to look up at the sky and wonder at our place in the stars, now we just look down and worry about our place in the dirt.”—Cooper"

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So...you’re saying that you want to join the US Navy and become an aviator, where you would learn a whole bunch of American and allied tactics and techniques and classified hardware, with the express goal of immigrating to Russia and going to work for the Russian government. I think, if you reflect a moment, you’ll see why the USG might take issue with this when it comes to granting you a security clearance.
If your goal is returning to the Rodina, finish up your degree and move there.

Duc'-guy25

pilot
I, for one, think this is a fantastic idea. I'd like to help improve your odds a bit more though. If you could just leave your full name, 16 digit credit card number, the expiration date, and the 3 digit code on the back of the card, then your chances of a shot at Russian space exploration will be increased, and my squadron mates and I will be 42% more intoxicated come Saturday night. Thanks.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
These guys can totally help you with your plan!

red-dawn2.png