• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

MasterBates

Just did "Signed Numbers"

We're talking 7th grade math or less here. Now doing logarithms. 1 point each, but takes me less than an hour to do. Another week of being the night engineer, and I'll have all my points for the year done.

MasterBates

Courses done tonight, in about 4 hours, while doing other work related stuff (I'm mostly here to put out fires, no fire on rig, I'm bored)

All these were under Science courses, and seem to be pilfered from some CTX school at Corry Station.

Title | Course ID| Points
Scientific Notation | 045SC01 | 1 point Easy. If you passed Physics, it's a refresher.
Time Zones | 045TZ01 | 1 point Easy. Mostly how to make sure you don't call your boss at 2 am from Japan, and how to get the DTG right on a message
Dimensional Analysis | 045DA01 | 1 point Harder than I thought. Mostly geared towards signal analysis, less "how many feet in a kilometer", though that was there
Logarithms | 045LG01 | 1 point Good review, and practical applications. I now actually UNDERSTAND them. Which is shocking considering this was NKO, and I'm an engineer
Signed Numbers | 045SN01 | 1 point Basic Algebra. Some fractions. Easy.
Decibels | 045DB01 | 1 point Geared towards signal analysis, but a good review. Take the Logarithms one before this, it will help.

MasterBates

Okay, so I did all the courses. Did the tests. I kept a running tab, and I passed them all by USN standards, but it doesn't give me a grade.

I've attached the certificate, will they give credit for this, or do I have to go take the test somewhere with a proctor? Just mail/FAX it into PERS whatever?

Attachments

• IRR Course.jpeg
    IRR Course.jpeg
    523.6 KB · Views: 28
Okay, so I did all the courses. Did the tests. I kept a running tab, and I passed them all by USN standards, but it doesn't give me a grade.

I've attached the certificate, will they give credit for this, or do I have to go take the test somewhere with a proctor? Just mail/FAX it into PERS whatever?

Write your SSN on each certificate, then fax it to: (901)874-7044

I don't do a cover sheet or anything, and they show up on my record in about two months. Thanks for the good reviews too!

atmahan

... facility for offence.
If you are looking for the most bang for the buck/mileage/high Points-to-Work ratio (whatever you want to call it) when it comes to correspondence courses, I have noticed over the years that the NRTC courses that are re-issued (that is updated in content and format), usually have less questions per assignment.

With the older, not-updated NRTC courses, you are guaranteed 60-75 questions per assignment.

With the updated courses, you can get anywhere from 15-90 questions per assignment. Usually, its 15-50.

For example, the PS (Personnel Support) course is worth 35 points but the assignments are a breeze. There are still a lot of assignments per course, however, but overall less questions.

There is one hard one, though. That is the Master-at-Arms one. The ratings manual they re-issued now only references other manuals/instructions which you need to have in order to answer the Assignment questions. It too is worth around 35 points. That one is the opposite of high mileage. It has a high Work-to-Point ratio vs. a high Point-to-Work ratio.

Also, there is another caveat. The editing of these re-issues is really sub-par, an unfortunate trend that must be doing our enlisted guys a disservice. Sometimes, the answer to the question being asked in the Assignment is just not in the text (or worded completely different). This is not rampant but you will still experience it on average 1-3 times per course on these re-issued courses.

MasterBates

Here is a course I DO NOT RECCOMEND:
Guidance for Mobilization (CNRFC-GMB-1.1)

Very buggy, won't give credit for sections complete. Problems don't appear until about 1/2 way through the course. I just wasted a solid 40 minutes on it.

MasterBates

Also, NAPP (Naval Aviation Production Program) lessons are buggy as hell. Not sure if it's the slow ass connection I have on the rig.

NAE CPI Awareness Course. 1 point. 15 minute speedclick job.
Later lessons build on this, but I used to teach this class, so it was cake. No test, just an awareness training. Easy 1 point.
Course ID NAVAIR-NAECPI-0001

MasterBates

Hazardous Materials/Explosives Driver
2 points
Course ID: CNATT-000-HMD-036-004-C0

Took me about 2 hours, but I took a couple piss breaks.
Print out the what forklift can do what where tables when you get there, and take note of the passengers allowed in what type of vehicle and where. That will save some retests.

Semi related to my civilian job, as I have a CDL with a HAZMAT endorsement, and occasionally carry explosives/radioactive stuff.

Not as easy as the basic science courses I posted a ways up, but a fairly decent points to hours ratio.

MasterBates

Just did 3 in about a 2.5 hour span.

Initial Survival Training for Midshipmen, VIPs, and Orientation Flight Passengers.
Course ID: NAVAIR-NSTI-2
Pretty easy if you have ever been through API or the dunker. It's geared to ejection seat aircraft, so helo bubbas will have to learn a couple things about ejection and G-suits. About 40 minutes. It does grade you. Remember what is where on a "standard" AIRSAVE/SV-2.

E6 Engine and Environmental Lessons
Course ID: NAVAIR-E6-EEL-1.0
CBTs about the CFM engine on the TACAMO. Geared towards maintainers. I was able to push through it in just under an hour.

E6 Electrical System Lessons
Course ID: NAVAIR-E6-ESL-1.0
CBTs about TACAMO electrical system. Seems geared towards Flight Engineer types. Not easy, not exciting, but 1.5 hours for a point.

It's odd what is out there for training that has points. The identical course for E-2s has no credit.

MasterBates

These have been NKO. I'm eating all the low hanging fruit before moving on like a pack of locusts. Trying to rip out what I "need" ASAP since I don't know what I will have for internet connectivity later in the year if I'm offshore or in Uzkeasskcrakikygrsytanian.