• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
JPME... I just accepted for this one that I wouldn't be able to do all the reading...

30415677.jpg

Duncan Idaho

I like cheese.
None
You can bag points by doing Defense Acquisition University (DAU) online courses...if you're interested PM me and I can email a CNRFC Letter which provides point values for the DAU courses.

I've been doing that too. If you are familiar with Acquisition, you can blow through these for a substantial number of points with very little effort. I got 8 points from "Software Acquisition Management" for about 2 hours of effort.

I also wanted to say thanks to everyone for posting what you've found. No where else online have a found a similar sort of discussion and it is exactly what I needed.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
MB, are you doing these courses on NKO or NRTC? I've found the NRTC courses to be very formulaic and easy to knock through. Plus, your point capture automatically updates, although it can take ~3 weeks for the trons to move between computers...

NRTC Link: https://www.sas.cnet.navy.mil/Login...ttps://www.courses.netc.navy.mil/default.aspx

So just to clarify this...if someone is doing a course on the netc.navy.mil site, and has a certificate that says it came from there, they don't have to submit anything? Trying to make sure one of my crewman gets credit for something.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Thanks, I'll have her check in a few weeks.
Be sure to give it more like 60 days. I've had a couple instances where "the fix didn't take", and had to send in an update directly to Millington. The good news is that the NRTC site automatically generates a "Course Completion Letter" (PDF) that you can easily print if you have to send something.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Be sure to give it more like 60 days. I've had a couple instances where "the fix didn't take", and had to send in an update directly to Millington. The good news is that the NRTC site automatically generates a "Course Completion Letter" (PDF) that you can easily print if you have to send something.

That's what I got emailed. I just wasn't sure if I needed to send it in or if the system would just recognize it after completion (it was actually two courses for a total of 13 points).

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Gatordev,

I am real familiar with this and since I live near Millington, I have face to face talked with those in the know. NETC courses "usually" capture but occasionally they do not. If they do not just send the completion certificate and they will manually enter. The magic number is 45 days (inside of that very easy fix; outside much harder but doable). Also if you have done a course on active duty. "Sometimes" they can go back and change the date to a newer date (like yesterday) and since you couldn't get credit on Active Duty you now get credit as a Reservist. I had them do this to 2 courses that I did as an Ensign, and bingo, I am done and retire this year. The phone number for that is not Bupers but somewhere on the completion letter or that area on the website, I don't remember exactly, sorry!

Hope this helps. If not then just ignore!

Oh and I think that 45 days is past your anniversary, honestly I didn't pay that much attention.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So the 45 days doesn't matter for actually faxing it, right? Example:

-Member completes two courses on NETC 13 FEB.
-Member waits 30 (?) days, sees nothing in her record
-Member forgets to do anything until day 43 and then mails in certificate and it doesn't get there until day 46
-Member still gets points

This would all be within a FY, but not sure about anniversery date.

Regardless, I'll tell her to check her record in a 3 weeks to see if it posted. And your right, the number is on the certificate (I have a copy of it in my email).

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Gator,

I wasn't paying close attention. But I believe the 45 days is anniversary date. A quick call to Pers could verify that but again even if you miss the 45 days, it is still fixable. I think that is where they capture the "good year". Basically he told me, he could do it but wasn't gonna be happy so you aren't gonna be happy either. The big thing is to check BOL approaching your anniversary and fix it before if able! But the date of the course does have to fall into the appropriate time frame. (Ie. between anniversary days). The 45 is just an administrative processing window.

Clear as mud?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Copy all on the admin window for that year, but that's no an issue as she's got tons of ADT time, so points per year won't be a factor. But...

But the date of the course does have to fall into the appropriate time frame. (Ie. between anniversary days). The 45 is just an administrative processing window.

Clear as mud?

What I'm not clear on is does it matter just to get credit (regardless of which year it is) or do you only get credit for what you've done that year depending on when it is submitted? Another example:

-Let's say ann. date is March 13 (I'm just making this up)
-Member does training in Feb 13
-Due to the system not working right, it doesn't get submitted until day 46 (let's say) after March
-Would the member just get credit on the next year? Or are no appoints awarded, thanks for playing?

Sorry for beating this to death, I'm just not smart on this stuff because I haven't had to be and I want to make sure I'm giving good info to the member and for folks in the future.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Doesn't matter if the points are turned in/credited after the anniversary. The points/credit goes into the "good" year when completed. That is why it is helpful to know that they can change the date of some courses in turn changing their effect credit dates. I changed two 1993 courses since I was on active duty to around June of last year. No worries; I have experience with this so I don't mind the questions. And I'm on a trip so I'm bored (Can't lift, eat, sleep and watch Netflix ALL day).

Duncan Idaho

I like cheese.
None
I knocked out Heat Stress Afloat, Signed Numbers, and Time Zones in about an hour (total) last night on NKO.

This morning I noticed that there are a series of potentially interesting classes on foreign countries available on NKO for 1 point each. From e-learning, select Browse Categories, select Foreign Language and Culture. The "Countries in perspective" and "Cultural orientation". I've not taken one yet, but they look like they could be interesting.

MasterBates

Just did Trigonmetery NAVEDTRA 14140.

11 points, part 1 through 3 were cake.. Part 4.. I passed. Trig identities were always my weak point anyways.

But, 11 points in maybe 4 hours of effort.

Yes, I am that bored at work that Trig was a fun option