• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

subreservist

Dumb question: Don’t you owe the Navy continued service obligation after receiving Navy education?

I don't know for sure - tried looking it up - but my best educated guess is "no" if it's related to education received from the Naval War College. I think the though process is NWC is designed to make you a better warfare leader, which is more benefiting to the military vice the member. They only have a limited number or programs that provide a masters and I don't think going there meets the definition of being a "funded" degree program.

Using TA (tuition assistance) or going Naval Post-graduate School does incur an obligation - my guess due to it benefiting the member more than the military with ability to pursue any degree option, plus with TA, you're receiving funds and with NPS, it's considered a "funded" degree program.

CoyoteK

I have not taken on any additional obligation however I would be fine with one at this point. I just got a letter from PERS 911 telling me I am getting the boot out of the IRR if I cannot provide proof I am actively engaged in being an IRR Sailor. Hopefully being actively engaged in getting my JPME I completed will be sufficient.

SELRES_AMDO

Friend got the same letter. From what he told me, the Navy is essentially making it VTU or SELRES moving forward. No more hiding in the IRR for retirement.

This is second hand so don't shoot the messenger.

Bertramwooster

ANG officer and new to the forum. I completed ACSC in residence years ago and AWC by correspondence several years ago. Does anyone know if there is any restriction on re-accomplishing newer versions of these correspondence courses for retirement point credit? What about sister service options? I saw that the NWC has an online command and staff program (IDE), but I don't know if one is eligible having already accomplished IDE and SDE.

lostSeaBee

SeaBee Memorial
Just received a copy of my Statement of Service with 20 Satisfactory years. 12 were in the IRR-ASP, and without this forum I would not have made it. Thank you Air Warriors!