• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corpus vs. Whiting for Primary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

I am getting ready for OCS, followed by an appointment to API. I am wondering the differences between doing Primary in Corpus and Whiting. i.e. Is it easier to enter a certain pipeline from one than the other?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Jeff,

Hmm, somehow this question slipped through the cracks, sorry about that, maybe the wife was reading the Forum and I never saw this post when it was "new".

Ok, since you are really getting ready for OCS, maybe this question is still on your mind. So to answer your question, honestly, there isn't any difference in terms of selection to the platform you want, whether you go to Corpus or stay in Pcola for Whiting.

Though having now seen both Corpus and Whiting, I can say that it is d!mn hot down here in Corpus Christi (drink lots of high quality H20). God knows I sweat enough when starting up the T44 here during mid day 100 degree weather, I know the T34 bubbas must be baking under the canopy and with the helmet on. So bring a towel and lots of water, I usually freeze mine so it would melt and be nice and cold.

Also, having seen both sets of Course Rules (the VFR procedures you use to depart to the operating area and return to the airfield) for each NAS, I can say that the Course Rules are much easier here than at Whiting.

That is pretty much all that comes to mind, though it seems like I am answering a lot or your questions today! If you have any more, give a hollar,

choops

Corpus is way better than Pensacola! There is sooo much more to do out here in Corpus than there is in Pensacola. This place is actually a small city where Pensacola is more of a big town. I love it here personally despite the heat.
I thought Pensacola was boring compared to this place. Most guys that came down here did it for the same reason as me....get the hell out of Pensacola!!!!
I'm sure that the training environments are pretty similar in both locations...but the quality of life out here is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.