• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corpus or Whiting? And current primary length

millalex

pilot
I was in Corpus for both Primary and Advance, a total of 1 year and 9 months. If you spend less than two dozen weekends in Austin, you're doing it wrong. South Texas was a blast and I would choose it again in a heartbeat. Get a big house on the island, on the water, and enjoy living in the wild west.

Dr. J

API
Thanks everyone for the replies. Some things happened and long story short I wound up getting voluntold to go to corpus. So yee haw?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Thanks everyone for the replies. Some things happened and long story short I wound up getting voluntold to go to corpus. So yee haw?

Welcome to "The illusion of choice", wherein the Navy theorhetically gives you options, but really they're gonna send you where they need you. You probably expended hours of thought and the person deciding spent 10 seconds.

Dontcallmegump

pilot
Welcome to "The illusion of choice", wherein the Navy theorhetically gives you options, but really they're gonna send you where they need you. You probably expended hours of thought and the person deciding spent 10 seconds.

I can promise you that Mr. Billy spent no more than 3 seconds making that decision for this young Ensign. Then had a good chuckle about the process and the helmet fire OP had over the whole affair.

Sjohnny15

Does anybody know how your orders get written for API and Primary? My wife is Airforce and She can PCS if I have orders somewhere that is over 40 weeks. So I’m wondering if there is a way to choose whiting right off the bat and some how get orders/something in writing so she can PCS. I also am interested in flying helos so it would be nice to get her down to Florida as soon as I get there, especially if I will be there for close to two years.

taxi1

pilot
Does anybody know how your orders get written for API and Primary? My wife is Airforce...
Funny story time. We had a SWO retread come through CNATRA, and his wife was a USAF pilot. They'd met in college. She flew in for his winging, and we instructors and her were standing around in the back in our bags drinking free beer and talking with our hands, when she got called up to the front receive an award..."Navy Wife: Toughest Job in the Navy"

Heh

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Funny story time. We had a SWO retread come through CNATRA, and his wife was a USAF pilot. They'd met in college. She flew in for his winging, and we instructors and her were standing around in the back in our bags drinking free beer and talking with our hands, when she got called up to the front receive an award..."Navy Wife: Toughest Job in the Navy"

Heh
Did anybody think to give him a "Air Force Husband: Toughest Job..." award? :p

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Any current gouge/info on primary pool wait time and time to train?
Here's the gouge, stay in flight school as long as possible. Don't be in a rush to get to the fleet. Every single guy and girl with wings on their chest would trade places with you in a heartbeat.