• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corpus Christi

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTurse

Does anybody know anything about Corpus? Right now, my orders read to Pensacola, and then "ultimate activity" at Corpus. Any info would be great. Apartments? how are the squadrons VT-27 & 28?
Thx-JT

JT

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
JTurse:

Apparently all the order are now saying ultimate activity is "somewhere" either Whiting or Corpus. FWIW, I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in it. Unless CNTRA is doing something different all of a sudden, and you are going to Pensacola for API (vice Vance) then the decision for Primary isn't made until the middle of API.
I've heard from a LT buddy at UF that all the orders have started saying this. This is pretty recent. Mine (which were in Jan) didn't say this, but mine were also PCS orders not appointment orders, but I don't think that would matter.

John W: (if your there)have you heard anything more about this?

Devin

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
My orders (last year) stated just to Pensacola. JT, I wouldn't read anything more into them, seeing as how they will determine at API whether you stay for Primary in Whiting or go to CC.

As for Corpus Christi, I have been here for a month now, and both my wife and I are enjoying it. Hey, it can't be too bad, I have ADSL here now! Anyways, the apartment situation is good out here, and the commute to the base is a breeze.

As for the Primary Squadrons, I really don't know, I have not been on the lookout for "gouge" on them. But I can say one thing, it sure is windy out here, lots more crosswind landings are in store for me here.

What else do you want to know?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yea John, my roomate says that Corpus is basically nothing but xwind landings all the time.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
quote:
C'mon, xwind landings are FUN!

Yeah, and the Turbo Weenie is so damn heavy, it takes a lot to notice it.

choops

Hey everybody! I wanted to ask anyone in Primary exactly how long those "23 chapters" during the first week really are. That sounds like a ridiculous amount of information for only one week. There has to be something that makes it do-able. Are there a lot of diagrams or are the chapters just really short? About how many total pages are we talking about here? I just don't want to be shocked when I get to Corpus. Thanks in advance to any replies.

jalderin

quote:
how long those "23 chapters" during the first week really are.
Systems is easier than the API courses. A lot of it is review from API, engines especially. Some chapters are 2 pages, some 20,the text is about the same length as API texts.

Meteorology was more difficult, depending on the instructor. The information is encrypted (you'll find out when you get here), and my Captain Crunch decoder ring didn't come in the mail before the test. Its a lot of info in two days, but I don't think hardly anyone ever has to retake the exam.

-John
SNA C.C.
Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.